Recent trips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent trips

I've been fishing the last couple of weeks in EMB and the fishing is getting hot. Had a beautiful Thanksgiving morning, SE winds at 12, bull tides, water temp in the upper 60's. I didn't get a bite until 10:30, but from 10:30 to 12:30 I caught around 10 reds and 3 trout to 25" up in front of a drain. Fish were caught on spoons, paddle tails and corkies. Friday the water had cooled off to 57 degrees, very little wind if any and the tide was very low. Made a milk run around the bay looking for bait and finally around nine I spotted a couple of mullet flipping at a mid-bay reef. For the next couple of hours I scratched out a limit of trout from 16-22", kept four, on natural color bass assasins, bouncing them slowing on the bottom. Around noon I made a move to look for some big trout and fished an area with mud and scattered shell that had a few mullet. For the next few hours I worked a corky and had about 6 bites, caugth two trout that were 3.5 and 5 pounds. Lost one big one that looked around 8 pounds that came to the surface shaking it's head back and forth and finally threw my corky off. I don't know how it got off, my corky was rolled up in a ball. I went again yesterday with my friend Dave and we started off at the mid-bay reef. Water temp had risen up to 60 and had a slight SW wind. The fish were still there and we caught around 12 trout to 22" on dark color assassins, working them slowly along the bottom. Dave wanted some reds, so we made a move to a drain along the south shore line. Tides were still low and the wind had picked up to 12-15 out of the SW. The reds were stacked up in front of the drain, and we caught around 9-10 reds on paddle tails and spoons. Dave also caught a trout that was close to four pounds. Ended the day with 10 trout, four over 20" and two limits of reds.
    Attached Files

Nice, I'll be down tomorrow. Plan on being there from after I get there till dark!
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
      Nice, I'll be down tomorrow. Plan on being there from after I get there till dark!
      X2

You and Jesse?

Comment

EMATTY has been HOT

Comment

Great report and pic's!Ya'll have fun in east matta!
          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Nice job Steve, I bet it was hard seeing that big trout pull off. What kind of corkys have you been catching them on? Floaters?

Comment

Great report Steve! Thanks for the info!
              sigpic
              Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Taking the yaks on Tuesday, y'all leave a few for us and post a report!
                Happy Fishin'
                Chicken

Comment

very nice fish steve. bummer about the 8 lber. btw, my birthday is next week. i need a lucky lure!! lol
                  michelle

Comment

Great report.Congrats on the catches
                    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by michelle View Post
                      very nice fish steve. bummer about the 8 lber. btw, my birthday is next week. i need a lucky lure!! lol
                      michelle
                      .................Michelle, my fishing tip of the day is for you to put the hooks back on your super spooks.

Comment

Great reports Steve!! The reds have been crazy down there this year, saw some big trout shallow Friday, but couldn't feed them.
                        http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Originally posted by steve_a View Post
                          .................michelle, my fishing tip of the day is for you to put the hooks back on your super spooks.
                          lmao <
                          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by Nwilkins View Post
                            X2

You and Jesse?
                            Yeah, we hit it a little late. Waded some mid bay reefs and I had one that was a little over 22". Then we waded a few places that... lets just say my calves are still burning. Solid bite just no biggies. Found some birds working the ICW and middle when running. Casted and boxed a few for dinner. Going back Friday. This was more of a recon mission than anything else!

Isn't this a beautiful sight to behold!
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	corkyheaven.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	553699
                            Last edited by FlatoutFishin; December 7, 2010, 10:56 PM.
                            Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie's Custom Rods View Post
                              EMATTY has been HOT
                              So say's Mr 29 1/4"! : )
                              Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Working...
                              X