Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aransas Pass area December 4-5, 2010

Saturday
    A friend and I took a few hours off and scouted out placed to fish for Sunday's trip, Saturday was 80 degrees with east wind light to 15 mph, Sunday is predicted to have north wind 15 - 25 and low in 40's high upper 50's. But I hadn't had time to fish and need a fix. We got off late due to battery problem but not many boat on the water so it was ok. First stop we boxed a pair of nice drum, but never did get a good bite going, had to weed through lots of undersized drum and reds. We made a move and didn't find anything to speak of, about noon the wind laid down and we went back to deep water shell and mud, got a nice 18'' trout, 1 nice pompano, and a couple of large sand trout. Made 4 or 5 stops and never got a good bite going, I was thinking we got there to late as tide was flat and bite shut off. Great time on the water and had enough for a few messes for supper.
    Sunday
    Took a friend and customer from Iowa and son out for a cool day on the water. Temp in low 50's, brisk north wind blowing and at 725 am no one else was at the boat ramp. What is the deal here? We lucked out and hit the drum on the first stop, they didn't want to keep fish, so released most of the fish. I did keep some for friends and pictures, the overcast clouds make it real hard to get pictures on the boat. We probably caught 30 keeper drum and lot of undersized before tide went flat on us. We moved to another spot looking for the reds and caught some smaller ones, moved again and found more small ones, and finally hit the honey hole for a little while. We found a school of reds moving through and caught 5 keeper and 9 or 10 19'' fish in 30 minutes before they moved out of area. Even though it was cold and windy, we had a great day on the water and I look forward to having them back again. Hope you guys get the snow shoveled off the driveway Monday for your wives, I will be thinking about you doing that.Click image for larger version

Name:	101_0148rickweb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	568130Click image for larger version

Name:	101_0153 copyweb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	568129

Nice mess of fish.thanks for the report
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Working...