State Park Boat Ramp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Park Boat Ramp?

Is there a boat ramp at GISP that is usable? What other public ramps are near there? I'm fishing the south shore tomorrow, just curious where to put in. I usually put in at 2004 bridge or Fat Boys and make a run, but dont want to cross the bay with a 20 mph head wind! Thanks.

M.M.
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Matt, launch at Waterman... on Stewart Road its before GISP... I dont believe there is a ramp at GISP...

But the launch in Pirates (Waterman) is open nobody is operating its so its free and it puts you out just East of GISP.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Pirates is located at 12 Mile Rd & FM 3005

Waterman is just West of 12 Mile & FM 3005 on Stewart Road and Stewart Road is just North of FM 3005 its parallels FM 3005

Comment

Thanks Coe, I was looking at those as an alternate, just wasnt sure if they were free or not.

M.M.
        "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Its a nice double wide launch nice and flat and the docks are in okay shape to tie up the boat and get the trailer etc... Park along Stewart Road on the shoulder...

Comment

Jamaica is a nice launch for the S Shoreline. It is farther down and puts you in the middle of the coves.
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Is Jamaica free?

Semper Fi!

Comment

Pirate's was closed 2 weeks ago. Jamaica is free and a good ramp. About 10 minutes idling to the bay. Gives you some time to rig or whatever.

Scott
                Scott
                "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Yea Jamaica is free. I launch there all the time. Yea it takes awhile to motor out of the canal but like Scott said it gives you time to rig up if needed, you can also herass those trout in the lights if you launch before sunup

Comment

Pirates IS open for launching I'm a resident unless construction crews are blocking the ramp working on the new docks ur golden

Comment

Working...
                    X