Chocolate tomorrow 12/9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate tomorrow 12/9

Well I have the day off and I guess I am going to try out Chocolate for the first time. I am putting in at Lutes and have my Nuclear Chicken ready to go. Where should my first stop be from Lutes?

Right now, anywhere in the bayou can be productive. Watch for the nervous bait.

I mostly concentrate between FM 2004 on up to Snug Harbor (Lutes is right in the middle).

Watch your depth finder for the holes. If the hole your over has bait jumping, fish it.

I fished Chocolate this morning and the water was amazing. Green, green, green and clear. The tide was dropping pretty fast though.

If you manage to get to the bayou and it happens to be really low, that is a plus. The fish stack up in the holes when the water is blown out.

Good Luck!!! Let us know how you do.

Comment

Are there any identifying markers where the holes are or do you just have to troll till you find them on the depth finder?

Comment

Just cruise the bayou and watch the terrain under water. If you see nervous bait, fish it. If you find birds working in the bayou, fish under them. If you see the bayou floor drops a few feet, make a U-turn and anchor on the shoreline and fish the hole for about 30 minutes. Watch for shell on your anchor when you bring it up. That is a good sign and always remember that spot.

Around FM 2004, the lower end of the bayou has several horseshoe loops on either side. Be careful entering them at all times. You can go from 14' to 2' in no time. I watched a guy make that mistake last Wednesday.

I'll give you an easy spot to find. Between Lutes and the FM 2004 bridge you will come up on a concrete wall (barge loading dock) followed by a small island with an old upside down boat on the shore. Fish from the upside down boat up bayou past the concrete wall towards a concrete slab with soil washed out under it. If you see bait jumping around, the chances trout are there are very good.

Comment

Thank you for the heads up..

Comment

Well we fished from about 9:30 to 1:30 starting at the power lines close to lutes. Saw a bunch of mullet jumping but no bites. Moved down and fished from the upside down boat to the concrete wall with no action. Moved even further down and drifted from the bridge to the red "A4" marker where my friend landed a few under sized trout and flounder and one legit spec. We were using gulp new penny shrimp and nuke chicken shad on jig heads,carolina rigs and popping corks with all hits coming on jig heads. Hopefully next time we can get on the fish

Comment

hit the bay and look for the same things. nervous bait birds working etc. the fish are feeding hard in the bay especially right before a cold front.

Comment

Seems i might need to zip my lips.
                10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Nah, could have been operator error

Comment

Working...
                  X