Big Girl hunt 12/9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Girl hunt 12/9

I had planned to hit west this afternoon after it warmed up and look for some reds and then hit some shell for a big trout. I got a call from Neil last night and he wanted to go to E Matty and look for a big Bite and he needed someone to go with him. I told him I would join him but it was going to be COLD in the am.
    We left the ramp a little after 6:00 in a frigid 34 deg with water temp at 48 and headed to some shell and mud. We jumped in and made a long wade and I finally got my big bite after about an hour of grinding with tops & corkies. I then finally found her with a catch 2000. She thumped it and came out of the water for about 10 seconds tailwalking. I thought for sure she would spit it but the front hook was in her gills and she was bleeding like a stuck pig....lol. She wasn't going to make it so she went on the stringer. She was 26" and a little over 6 lbs.
    We worked the area for a little while longer and decided to look elsewhere since we hadn't seen a single piece of bait in the area.
    We made another long wade at the 2nd spot which was a muddy cove and found plenty of bait. I got 1 bite again and this time it was a 21" red caught on a Waker. Nothing else at this spot, so we headed to another spot with some mud and shell.
    We jumped out again and made our last long wade. I chunked tops for a while since there was some active bait and then switched back to the 2000 and hooked up again with a BIG fish. She made a few runs and I fought her for a while and she came up and I could see BIG silver sides, but she made a mad dash and pulled loose. I hooked up again a while later on a XL Corky Devil and landed our last fish of the day at 19".
    We headed back to the ramp at about noon wishing we could stay and fish as it got warmer but Neil had to get to work. Total for the day - 4 bites = 3 fish.
    Neil did a great job of putting me on fish and taking pics!

sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Very impressive fish...
    sigpic

Comment

Nice fish!
      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

sweettt!

Comment

Way to grind it out in the cold.

Comment

Good job Fellas

Comment

I am sure ready to go down there.... good job! I gotta hop in with sneeky soon
              Last edited by dbarham; December 9, 2010, 06:24 PM.
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Nice trout Chip well worth the trip!
                I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by TTU Wader View Post
                  Way to grind it out in the cold.
                  Alex, fishing four hours isn't really grinding! LOL
                  "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Nice Trout.

Comment

Hey guys look in the net on the second picture it looks like a dead finger mullet. Chip were you chunking bait????

Comment

Jealous
                        Scott
                        "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Nice Fish!!
                          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

That's what winter fishing is all about....good job guys!

Comment

Originally posted by FP10 View Post
                              Hey guys look in the net on the second picture it looks like a dead finger mullet. Chip were you chunking bait????
                              If you look again you will see that it is a mullet pattern catch 2000....Match the hatch! Try it sometime Jerm
                              sigpic
                              Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Working...
                              X