Kayakin @ TC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayakin @ TC

Sometime in May I really want to hit the shell reef at the base of the dike (mosquito island). I'm thinking with no one able to launch at the dike or even drive on it there will be virtually no pressure on it (hopefully). Should be some good fishing to be had. Would anyone want to launch at skyline and paddle over there? That place can be dangerous with that steep drop off and the ship channel waves so I wouldn't want to venture there alone.

Also, has anyone heard about debris in that area? Not really worried about them since I'll be kayaking, I'm just curious..

Comment

I'll be game to try it out some time.

Haven't heard too much about debris. I don't get too attached to my anchors anyways. I've lost a half-dozen of those things. Always remember to check and make sure its tied on before you drop it over

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be game to try it out some time.

Haven't heard too much about debris. I don't get too attached to my anchors anyways. I've lost a half-dozen of those things. Always remember to check and make sure its tied on before you drop it over
        A Gilligan moment? LOL
        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Yall call me I will bring the Robalo chasing fish in Campbells, hail me on VHF if anything happens...
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I was out there yesterday looking around. There wasn't too much debris in the water, but quite a bit along the shorelines.
            I will be out there wading this spring/Summer so give me a shout if you are heading that way. I can put the boat in at Moses and run out there or walk in from Skyline.
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Cool, glad some of yall are down. My kayak should be in working order by then. My rudder got bent during the hurricane so I still need to put my new one on.

Comment

Count me in. Didn't get much use out of the new yak in '08

Comment

im down, havent fished mosquito island since the storm but lately i have hit up some other spots in the area in my yak
                  Boats and hoes.

Comment

How have you done over there Caz?

Comment

did pretty good with the reds and my pops has caught some flounder in the canals of that neighborhood near the end of skyline on gulp.. i still want to explore back there alot more
                      Last edited by caz; March 9, 2009, 06:29 PM.
                      Boats and hoes.

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
                        did pretty good with the reds and my pops has caught some flounder in the canals of that neighborhood near the end of skyline on gulp.. i still want to explore back there alot more
                        I've been wanting to explore the same areas......give me a yell if you want company.

Corkys in May = Big Trout around mosquito island! I might have to see if I'm up to dragging my yak back up skyline after the fishing.....
                        Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Working...
                        X