Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Bayou 12-11-10

Well.......my wife skunked me again!

We fished the bayou from 7:30am - 3:30pm. My wife caught specks throughout the morning and early afternoon. I only managed one fish for the entire day on a double hook up between us. We both had specks on our lines at channel marker 43. Who do you think had the bigger fish? Of course she did! She pulled up a 17.5"er and I pulled in a 14.5"er. Her biggest catch of the day was a 19" speck.

Oh, I forgot to mention a pair of TPWD game wardens paid us a visit while fishing the mouth of Pleasant Bayou. They were nice and courteous during the inspection. I knew I would be popped for not having life vest in the jon boat and I was. I am sure they were up bayou hiding from the wind just like everyone else was.

Unitl next week.....

bouy
    Attached Files
    Last edited by buoy37; December 11, 2010, 09:50 PM.

Glad to see you & your wife got out & caught some fish today. Always nice to get out & enjoy some time with your spouse.
    Today is a new day!!

Comment

Oops......Keep letting her kick your butt and you won't be able to leave the house without her!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

the game wardens are always in chocolate this time of year.
        the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

If you're not carrying the PFD cause you're jealous and want to push her off, forget it!
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Wow! you got popped and your wife kicked but. But at least your out there and not stuck at home baby siting.

Comment

Good trip bouy sounds fun.
              10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                Good trip bouy sounds fun.
                I think deano is a messin with ya!! Doesn't sound good-I hope you told the GW it was "her" vest that was missing!
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                  I think deano is a messin with ya!! Doesn't sound good-I hope you told the GW it was "her" vest that was missing!
                  Yeah, I wouldn't say it was a fun day. I was more P.O.'d about not catching fish than I was getting the ticket.

Next week I am going to venture out into the bay to see what I can find.

Comment

So how much does that ticket set you back dollar-wise?

Comment

Originally posted by Skiffrunner View Post
                      So how much does that ticket set you back dollar-wise?
                      I haven't figured that out yet. I called the JP listed on the ticket this morning and was asked to call back Wednesday. The ticket has not been turned in yet for processing. I did an online search and saw some people paid as high as $150.00 per violation. I was written up for two PFD violations.

Hopefully they will work with me on the fees. I purchased two PFDs yesterday afternoon to keep in the jon boat. Maybe I can offer to pick up the old coolers, jugs and misc other garbage on the bayous shoreline in exchange for some financial mercy.

Comment

I got one at Lake Houston this summer for my son not wearing his properly ( mind you we were drifting with the motor off at the time) and it cost me $160 with reduced ticket and court cost.

Comment

OUCH!!!

Originally posted by Precisionair View Post
                          I got one at Lake Houston this summer for my son not wearing his properly ( mind you we were drifting with the motor off at the time) and it cost me $160 with reduced ticket and court cost.
                          I wish I didn't just read that.

Comment

If it makes you feel any better, It was HPD on a boat that ticketed me and it was in a Houston municiple court. Maybe whoever ticketed you has a lower fine?

Comment

WOW, that will get your attention.

I like the community service angle.
                              Good Luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X