trolling motors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trolling motors

needs yalls opinion on trolling motors before I purchase mine. Which do you feel is easier to operate, foot control or hand?

I have a remote controlled that I shelled out a lot for and have been unhappy with. The remote tends to go out on me. I will be switching mine out for a hand control one. Bought the remote so I could stand on my platform and operate...cool when I did that but wound up being pretty rare...plus the hand operated is much cheaper!

Let me know what you decide as I would be curious as to what you paid for install, did it yourself, etc.
    sigpic

Comment

will do thank you for the heads up baby tran.

Comment

If your on a budget try the "Watersnake" that they sell on walmart.com I ordered one and I am happy with it. They are rated for salt water and have a 2 year warranty.

Comment

I will look into the water snake thanks!!

Comment

I have had two great whites (MotorGuide) and they have been really good to me. One was 24volt 86lb thrust model and this one is a 36volt 105, 108??? lb of thrust model. Both were hand controlled. I ran the 86lb on my 20" and I have the new one on my 23" Haynie. Plenty of control even in a good current.

I didn't go for a foot control since I don't believe I ever sit while I fish. If I'm sitting I'm starting the motor to move or unhook a fish, making a foot control unmanageable and clumsy to operate.
            Last edited by Race1Mopar; December 16, 2010, 11:35 AM. Reason: Added (MotorGuide)

Comment

I have a 24v Great White that I have had now for 13 years & it is still going. I had to upgrade to the new digital system as the circuit board was discontinued about 6 years ago. Still going strong. It is hand controlled & put a switch on boat deck to turn on & off that way I am not leaning over all day to turn on. I also put the extension handle on.
              Today is a new day!!

Comment

Working...
              X