Fish still in the bayou?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish still in the bayou?

Thinking about heading out there in the yak this weekend. Probably going to launch at Lutes. Anybody go lately?

Fish are still here and will be there all winter ...

without any rain expect the bayou to be a hot spot this winter
    FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

I find that the 43rd marker is always good for quick action. not many keepers but alot of fun rats none the less.

Comment

Theirs always fish up in the bayou; I fish that area all winter. It’s a great place to hide out when the wind is blowing 15 to 20 plus. Good luck.

Comment

no fish in chocolate.
          the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPER SPOOK View Post
            no fish in chocolate.
            Yehh no fish,all a bunch of boats with people getting mad because you have to pass them to get up the bayou.
            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

I fished up there sat mid morning, no luck. Who is the jack donkey in the big brown tub with old evinrude. Two speeds, stop and go.
              I always try to be courteous and idle past all other boats, yes it takes a long time to get up and back down the bayou when there are a lot boats but this also helps keep the water from getting muddy. Be courteous and idle past other fisherman, you never know who you are going to run into these days. There are some blind corners up there too that are great places to fish but I would try to stay clear of those areas for fear of getting whacked by other boats.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPER SPOOK View Post
                no fish in chocolate.
                X2

Comment

Originally posted by el gallo View Post
                  I always try to be courteous and idle past all other boats, yes it takes a long time to get up and back down the bayou when there are a lot boats but this also helps keep the water from getting muddy. Be courteous and idle past other fisherman
                  It is tight quarters up in the bayou. Most guys seem to be in a big hurry to get where they are going and show very little respect for the area you have staked out to fish. I always try to thank the rare individuals that care enough to idle by.

There are several of us that venture into Chocolate Bayou on a regular basis and understand how important it is to respect the space of others. I tend to think the fellas flying around us are only visiting and don't give a rats azz if they disturb anyone or not.

Don't get me started on the wakeboarders.

Comment

Wonder how long it would take to get from Lutes to the bay if you stopped and idled by every boat in the bayou?

Comment

Originally posted by mkk View Post
                      Wonder how long it would take to get from Lutes to the bay if you stopped and idled by every boat in the bayou?
                      Not too long. I do it all the time.

From the opening to the barge dock down to 2004 is usually not a problem. The problems occur further up the bayou where the bayou is much more narrow.

Comment

Originally posted by bouy37 View Post
                        Not too long. I do it all the time.

From the opening to the barge dock down to 2004 is usually not a problem. The problems occur further up the bayou where the bayou is much more narrow.

So I don't have to stop and idle by boats between the bubble barrier and FM 2004 bridge

Comment

Originally posted by mkk View Post
                          So I don't have to stop and idle by boats between the bubble barrier and FM 2004 bridge
                          The mentioned area is about 3-4 times as wide as the bayou width north of the bubble barrrier. This stretch of the bayou is not the problem.

Further up the bayou (past Lutes) is where a little more caution and consideration should be exercised.

Comment

Originally posted by bouy37 View Post
                            The mentioned area is about 3-4 times as wide as the bayou width north of the bubble barrrier. This stretch of the bayou is not the problem.

Further up the bayou (past Lutes) is where a little more caution and consideration should be exercised.
                            So what you are saying is that if I run down the bayou from Lutes I don't have to stop and idle by boats fishing and if I run up the bayou from Lutes I should stop and idle by boats fishing
                            Last edited by mkk; December 17, 2010, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Just asking people to please be considerate and cautious of other fishermen around them while in tight quarters.

kcross: Didn't mean to jack your thread
                              Last edited by buoy37; December 17, 2010, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X