oxidation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oxidation

is it ok to apply the wax oxidation remover more than once if you did not reach the disired result the first time? Will that hurt the gelcoat?

If you are talking about a boat wax of some sort, not likely. Gelcoat is pretty tough and can stand numerous compoundings with heavy abrasive compounds and high speed buffers. Not sure if I'm answering your question. If not, give more details about what you are using and maybe I can help
    http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

I have used FSR on my hull to remove the stain just about every weekend and it has not affected the hull any,13 years. Gelcoat is very durable to many chemicals to clean the hull with. You can even give it a wet sand with 600+ grit ,then buff & wax,wont hurt it.
      Today is a new day!!

Comment

awesome thank you guys! I used a polish wax called Nufinish. It removed much of the oxidation but I feel it could take another coat or 2 to get more color and shine back.

Comment

Pieman: When ya finish polishing yer bote, come by and please do my bote!! geez, I hate polishing the bote!
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I hear you Robalo.

Comment

Working...
            X