Fishing tips- Sea Isle pier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing tips- Sea Isle pier

Taking the wife and son for 3 days in one of the rental houses at Sea Isle. Will be doing some fishing on the Sea Isle fishing pier the week after Christmas. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Also any recommendations on which party boat to use. My son will want to do that as well.

I'm not sure there is a "Fishing Pier" at Sea Isle. You can probably wade the bay side behind there, or there's always 61st Street pier or Seawolf park.
    Read some of the recent reports. Most of us a fishing with Corkys or other suspending twitch baits. I caught some nice Specks this weekend with Gulp shrimp on a popping cork over mud flats.
    I'll let someone else chime in about the party boats. I've never been on one.
    Have fun!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

If you have a key you can catch some fish out there on the pier. Stop by the bait shop there in Sea Isle at the marina and pick up some live shrimp or croaks...I would float them under a popping cork off the end of the pier depending on boat traffic...there's a small gut that boats use as they are headed east to fish sunset cove...I would also fish the east side for the same boat traffic reason and at night there are lights and if the weather stays warm I would think this offers your best shot. Best of luck and make sure and post your results.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the pointers. I appreciate that!

Comment

Big Frank-the gate is locked for residents only, so ask when renting where the pier gate key is or you'll be outta luck.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
          X