Wbay 12.20.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wbay 12.20.10

Been pounding the same area for the past week, weather/schedule permitting...wading in around sunset and fishing till around 7. Mud shell with lots of inbound tide late and a moon you can read by. Good water clarity with most winds...tonight was S/SE at 15 or so.

Bite was about the same, starting around 5:45; an 18 incher on a mirror lure, a 20 incher on a pearl/ch fat boy and 22 inch red around 6:45 on the FB.

About 3 cast later I hung into the biggest fish I think I've ever landed in Gbay while wading...Ive caught some bigger fish from the boat, but not wading. This drum hit the fatboy and was ever bit of 30+ inches and at least 20lbs probably 25. Took me about 10 minutes or more to land on 30lb powerpro...been using braid for a year now, I may have been alble to get it in on the 15lb Pline I used to use but I think the power pro helped wear down the beast and it definately helps you feel the softest bites. No more bites after the big ugly, I think all the banging around I did fighting the drum cleared the area...headed in around 7:15 feast in tow.
    Attached Files

Nice! Congrats
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Great job and the ugly sounds like fun!
      sigpic

Comment

nice report!

Comment

Nice report, thanks for sharing. Have to try that night fishing soon. I saw a big ugly yesterday, he was just roaming around and did not even care I was close to him.
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

good report and catch!
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
            X