floater run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• floater run

Heading out to nancen out of galveston jetties tonight ( with some buddies, 135 miles one way. I hope the tuna are hungry. Report to follow.

good luck!

Comment

Dang Robert you lucky guy-please be careful and good luck!!
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

they just cleared the jetties

Comment

Well the run to the tuna grounds was a bust this time. We left out of Galveston Yacht Basin at about 4:30pm on Wednesday and after the 143 mile total trip, finally made it to Boomvang at about 10pm. We geared up and got fishing about 10:15 and the rig was DEAD. No bait, no fishing busting the top, and we were the only boat there. We stayed at BV for about two hours or so, pulled up 2 blackfin tuna that both got destroyed by a shark about 15' below the boat, and then decided to make the ~8 mile run to Nancen, which was just as dead but had 2 other boats fishing it. Same story over there, we slowly pulled up blackfin while we jigged throughout the night but out of about 8 that we landed there, only 1 was not destroyed by the makos below. We shifted gears and switched to steel rigs and started shark fishing about 5am, and had a good hook up, but the shark popped the 300lb mono shock leader like it was nothing. Overall a VERY slow night of fishing, without much to show for it. The weather/seas really started to get nice and warm up between 4-7am but as soon as the sun fully cleared the horizon, the north wind kicked up and it went from 1-2' swells to 3-4' chop real quick. We didn't get any videos of the last 50 miles into Freeport (We ended up running to Freeport and then through the ICW to Galveston to keep from going the extra 35 miles in open waters), but they were quite a bit bigger than what is in the video. It was a long, wet ride back from about 80 miles out (where we are in the video), but we made it back and it definitely makes you appreciate the good seas and weather of the summer. We didn't have the best trip, but we'll be back at 'em soon.

We're in a 31' Yellowfin and getting tossed the way we were, just to give you a perspective on the size of those waves.

Comment

Here is the video that really shows the conditions we had to deal with on the way in:

Comment

Nasty weather there...glad yall made it back!
              sigpic

Comment

Oh boy-big waves-glad yall made oit back safe!! Too bad about the sharks stealing the BFs.

thanks again for the great report and vids!!
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                X