primer bulb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• primer bulb

was having trouble getting fuel to motor.motor would not start. nice gentleman towed me back to ramp. determined to fix problem myself as i am a pretty good mechanic and motor is out of warranty.after examination, process of elimination and advice fron fellow westenders i determine that primer bulb is bad.purchase sierra premium from boat store and install.same problem.am advised by boat dealer of obstruction further up line. changed or inspected everything from tank to bulb.pulled new fuel line under deck.same problem.decided it had to be primer bulb.replaced again.problem solved.just wanted to share experiance that may help other west enders.just because you replace a part with new one does " not " mean that was not the problem. tight lines,kray.

Some of those bulbs from Academy have the check valve on the wrong side. It can throw you off if you rely on that arrow to point out the direction of flow. Don't ask me how I know this....hehe

Comment

bulb was Siera Premium purchased at the boat dealer which was also what i replaced it with.to my knowledge that is the best available in our area.

Comment

I had that same crapola Kray-boy, talk about frustrating!! Thanks and glad ya got it fixed.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
        X