gas additives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas additives

Can anyone suggest a good gas additive for my 92 115hp Johnson outboard? Or do I even need one?

I use sta-bil for My Yammy 4 stroke. Back in the day I used 2+4 fuel conditioner in My Evinrude. That was before the ethanol came into play. I got it at Dockside Marine.
    Beandaddy

Comment

Since the addition of ethanol to gas, you should always add a stabilizer. Alcohol absorbs water that will damage your motor.
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I prefer PRI-G.

Comment

Originally posted by fishingrx View Post
          I prefer PRI-G.
          X2!

Comment

I'll use Seafoam til the day I die! ZERO issues so far.
            I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Yea i have been reading about seafoam, thanks to all of you for yalls input. Happy New Year!!

Comment

PRI-G is the way to go.
                LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

I'm biased towards seafoam 'cause that's what I have always use but I need to read up on PRI-G

Comment

i switch between sta-bil and seafoam.
                    im going to check out pri-g, might have to add that to the rotation

Comment

I run a 92 Yammie, and do not run any additives. I do run a can of seafoam through it a couple times a year. I have a plastic tank and new fuel lines. i haven't had any issues, thankfully.

I am fortunate enough to run the boat once a week normally, but if it is going to sit up I don't fill the tank. I think filling it with new gas when i take it out helps.
                      Scott
                      "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

You guys put this stuff in every tank? The guy at dockside told me to use 2 + 4 in my etec about every 4th tank. Should I be using one of the others every time?
                        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
                          You guys put this stuff in every tank? The guy at dockside told me to use 2 + 4 in my etec about every 4th tank. Should I be using one of the others every time?
                          You use your boat to much ethanol ain't got a chance!
                          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by castaway300 View Post
                            i switch between sta-bil and seafoam.
                            im going to check out pri-g, might have to add that to the rotation
                            how often do you add the seafoam and stabil?

Comment

JT addds Jack Daniels to his-if the engine doesn't start, he makes a bourbon on the rocks and enjoys the day.
                              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                              X