Fuel line for ethenol fuels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel line for ethenol fuels

I noticed after going out today, I looked at my fuel filter & noticed debris at the bottom of filter,it looked like liner for fuel line. Who on the market makes a good fuel line for ethenol fuel?

Thanks in advance,Don
    Today is a new day!!

its called replace that 12yr old crap

Comment

ive got a nice kit to make u some good fuel line that is up to ethanol fuels but its expensive

Comment

Originally posted by Dawg View Post
        I noticed after going out today, I looked at my fuel filter & noticed debris at the bottom of filter,it looked like liner for fuel line. Who on the market makes a good fuel line for ethenol fuel?

Thanks in advance,Don
        Dawg I work for a hose company. I will try to remember tomorrow to ask for the data sheet on chemical compatibility chart. Parker makes a hose called chem jet that is methanol washed and compatible with ethanol. I work for Parker in another division. Look for a teflon liner or Viton core. Stay away from a buna core. I will double check the info and reply to the whole board with this data. It has been asked several time and i have just not followed up with the info. Good question. This is probably the culprit to most engine issues versus water absorption from ethanol.
        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Thanks for looking into this. I know alot of boats will need new lines. Found a E85 fuel line online,but they only give a 3 year warranty.Would you have to replace the line every 3 years? Will the lines they sell today hold up when they change the ethenol rating? I would rather replace it & forget about it for a long time,original is 13 years old.
          Today is a new day!!

Comment

Originally posted by corndog View Post
            Dawg I work for a hose company. I will try to remember tomorrow to ask for the data sheet on chemical compatibility chart. Parker makes a hose called chem jet that is methanol washed and compatible with ethanol. I work for Parker in another division. Look for a teflon liner or Viton core. Stay away from a buna core. I will double check the info and reply to the whole board with this data. It has been asked several time and i have just not followed up with the info. Good question. This is probably the culprit to most engine issues versus water absorption from ethanol.

Its about time you feed use some good stuff instead of pic's of oversized bull reds.....lol

Dawg how old are the fuel lines on your boat and i would say yank them out if the enthanol is eating up!

Opps you answered while i was typing get them sucker outta there before they cost you some big money!
            I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

That is the plan before I run it again,was looking for info on a good brand to use, don't want to have problems from buying a cheap hose. I would rather spend more for better quality,but who makes a good one?
              Today is a new day!!

Comment

did u ever find out if that kit u sold me is marine aproved?

Comment

Reeltime, I will ask tomorrow and get the data. Stay on me as we are kinda busy after the holidays. But PARKER can answer the question. I may can get some drops of the hose and dole out to WEA. Keep you up to date. I will also look for the chemical compatibility sheet I have on my computer.

Dawg what material is the hose you mentioned made of?
                  Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

I sold 02ram4dr a repair kit for fuel lines for cars made of plastic. They can repair plastic lines or replace steel lines. I sent an email to the manufacturer to see if it is marine approved,they have not responded back yet.
                    Today is a new day!!

Comment

The company that makes the plastic fuel lines for cars tells me that it can be used for marine & is E85 approved.Still waiting to see if its Coast Guard approved but after looking at their website it states outboards excluded. I would run the plastic line from fuel tank to back of boat,then put a fitting thru hull,then rubber hose to outboard.
                      Today is a new day!!

Comment

Just my $.02-the Stabil additives eat the heck outta your fuel lines, so when adding that stuff, add it BEFORE adding gas; otherwise it will eat up your filler hose/line-I learned the expensive way!!

BTW, send your fuel line replacement bills to Al Gore and the other idiots that crammed ethanol in gasoline down our throats-farging morons.
                        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

here is the link to the hose that is E85 and B100 compatible and coast guard A1 approved parker series 7165 wavemaster 50 PSI MWP. http://www.safehose.com/ParkerProducts.asp?catID=371 local parker dealer is huffco http://www.hufco.com/ cost is $1.61 per foot for 3/8 ID hose. Hope this helps
                          Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Thanks Corndog,

I think I will make a project to replace my fuel line. Seems like the thing to do to "Prevent" future problems...
                            "Buy a Fish, Feed Yourself... Buy a Fishing License, Feed a Whole Community..."
                            "The Fish You Catch, Tastes Better, than the One You Bought..."

Comment

Dont forget the primer bulb,it has to be E85 approved also.
                              Today is a new day!!

Comment

Working...
                              X