Another late report from Sportsmans - Thursday, December 30th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another late report from Sportsmans - Thursday, December 30th

Had planned to be on the water before the sun to take advantage of my day off but my wife hit me up for a few chores. Made it to sportsmans by about 11:00. There was a nice crowd already there, several yaks out and one guy wading in front of the island. The armada was out all over upper west bay. Decided to start on the shell in front of the far end of the island but ended up fishing oxen's mostly. waded to the deeper part of the bayou on the western edge and setup shop throwing pearl chartreuse corky. fished the corky all day from 11 to about 4. water was pretty clear, probably four feet visibility, wind was pumping all day from the south and i'm pretty sure tide was coming in all afternoon. about 2 or 3 started seeing a lot of mullet jumping but only managed two rat reds and one dink trout in five hours. would have liked to have fished the bayou more thoroughly but there were already a couple guys with a boat wading further in near the hump in the back. also thought about trying to wade further towards starvation but didn't want to have to wade back. this proved to be a good idea as the rain started moving in as I was leaving around four. gonna try the park this weekend for a little change of pace. will try to get the next report out on time.

Good report...thanks for posting
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X