Wbay 1.4.11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wbay 1.4.11

Didn't plan to fish today but work was slow, I got on WEA around 2 and by 3:50 I was chunking wading gear into the truck and heading south on 45.

Jumped in just before 5 and humped it out to a mud shell complex in about 3 to 5ft of water. The wind was east at 10-15, completely overcast, tide was coming in, and the clarity was excellent, but not gin clear.

Started chunking a C2000 around 5:20, switched to a glitter / copper FB around 5:35 and got a bump about 10 minutes later but missed him. It was getting dark and I tied on a ch/gold/wh FB while i could still see good. About 6 I picked up the first keeper , and lost a decent one on the next cast. After that I caught a keeper about every 15 minutes until 7 when I walked out with an 18,19 and 21 incher to go with the 16 already strung. The bite was really subtle, they were barely picking up the FB on long pauses. I think I could have stayed and strung a few more, but 4 is all we'll eat and I've got to work in the am.

I love wbay in the winter cause you can catch fish after work!
    Attached Files

Great report, I must have left too early. I left because the radar showed some showers, which never came.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Nice report!

You put more fish on that stringer in two hours than I manage in an entire day. I need some new walkin spots.

Comment

Don't we all!
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Good report

Comment

Good job!
            sigpic

Comment

Good job Ben!!
              http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Good fish! Congrats

AQUA PIMP
                AQUA PIMP......
                "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

thanks 4 the report. where were u
                  the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPER SPOOK View Post
                    thanks 4 the report. where were u
                    In a secret secret spot that nobody has ever walked in to fish before in the winter time in upper west bay that is covered with a virtual highway of mud and shell....I'm really astonished that no one else has ever found it!!!

Comment

Great report.....Thanks!
                      sigpic
                      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks for the report !! WTG !!
                        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Nice report.
                          Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Great report, I love walking in late afternoons in the winter. Don't have to mess with the boat, just fish!

Comment

Working...
                            X