Where to wade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to wade?

I'm trying to get back in the saltwater game after abuot 7+ years. Looks like I'm gonna have a free day this Wed. and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I'm without a boat or kayak...so I'll be walkin in. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks

Boom said something about wanting to fish on Wednesday. If you ask him nicely he might let you tag along.
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Anywhere will be nice on Wednesday if the weather holds. You might try SLP on the bay side. Be careful of the current. You could also walk in at the end of Sportsman's road and wad that entire cove area. Another place is the State park. If the wind is down and the surf is flat and green, there will be plenty to be had out there also!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I would hit up sportsmans. Especially since your going in the middle week it shouldn't be too crowded. I usually catch more fish when I wade out towards the bay vs. fishing in the mouth/and back of the cove. If you wade out towards the bay you will start stepping on some shell and that's where I have the best luck.

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys. What have you had the best luck with TTU?...soft plastics I would assume.

Comment

Yeah I've caught fish mostly on bass assassins and corky devils. With the assassins I was using a 1/16 and 1/8 jighead. I just checked the weather and I'm pretty jealous!

Comment

Cool. Thanks bud.

Comment

The suggestions given are spot on.

Sportsman's reef is good. Wade out into the bay and west. You will find alot of shell north of the island.

The backside of SLP is nicer to wade because of the more sandy bottom. I waded this area last weekend and it was chock full of bait. With the weather warming up, SLP would probably be my choice.

As for baits, I'm a gulp junkie. That and topwaters when it warms up a touch.

Comment

The shell bottom this time of year holds fish but SLP is hard to pass up... if you have 0 luck at Sportsman RD I'd make the 15 min drive to the pass and hit that up. Better yet I'd start at SLP and work the tide movement until it slacked off then run over to Sportsman and catch the tide there :-) Its around a 2 hour 30 min delay +/-
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I'd start at SLP and work the tide movement until it slacked off then run over to Sportsman and catch the tide there :-) Its around a 2 hour 30 min delay +/-
                    Very smart, I try to do this as well. Another good thing is if the tide is a small one, you will still have water movement at SLP, but not much at SR

Comment

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Good deal. Thanks guys.

Comment

You are welcome to take oo7's spot on the boat tomorrow afternoon. lol
                          "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
                          boom

Comment

Originally posted by boom View Post
                            You are welcome to take oo7's spot on the boat tomorrow afternoon. lol
                            Fine! Be that way!!
                            I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Yeah, like anyone could hurt your feelings. lol He declined anyway, said he heard your butt was sore last time out. LMAO! (from sitting around not catching)
                              Last edited by boom; March 3, 2009, 07:55 PM.
                              "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
                              boom

Comment

Working...
                              X