Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Luis Area

Howdy everyone!

First off I would like to say that everyone here is very helpful and has given me a lot to think about from a fishing standpoint! In West Bay, the only spot I know of is the flats before San Luis Pass. Is that location a good location for this Saturday? Usually I pick up a red or two in the grass and occasionally a trout if I move further out. Is this area hot if I can get the time down between weather changes and tide movements? Or should I start investigating other wading areas? I have not caught a limit of specks in over 4 years and that's my new years resolution. Tight lines everyone and thanks again!
    Resident Ninja

With the proposed regs that shouldn't be an issue I never have luck at SLP during winter.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

i used to park at the end of sportsman rd and wade....i think people still do.
      Attached Files

Comment

The west end of the bay can be very hit or miss in the cooler months. probably decent during a mild period, expecially if you can get near some of the deeper water areas on a slower tide. Spring through fall is much more productive time of the year for that area.
        http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

X2 on what Steve just said. We never fish SLP area in winter.
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

The SWALLOWIST summed it up .
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

You might have better luck wading Western Christmas Bay near Rattlesnake and the entrance of Drum Bay in the winter time! A few nice reefs (Rattlesnake) funnel the fish in and out of Drums deep gut! Fish the deep water and guts when there is tidal movement!

Comment

Ditto to what has been said by all.

Comment

And on the edges of Cold pass especially near the pvc pipes where mud meets the drop off. Two things happen here during the winter. The deeper water is warmer and when the sun comes up the mud absorbs the heat quickly. Bait and the fish move up from the deep to the edge.

BTW, is the FishFinder who I think it is? This is da Flinga.
                  Flinga!

Comment

Working...
                  X