Who is a Senior (ages)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is a Senior (ages)?

When it comes to various stores, diners, and buying licenses...why is a senior citizen branded w/ "different ages"? For instance when buying a CHL in Texas and buying a fishing license in Texas, seniors have different ages brackets. A senior, when buying a CHL, w/ the minmum age of 60..IS A SENIOR........when buying a Tx fishing lic., a SENIOR is or HAS TO BE 65...whats w/ this difference in ages when buying whatever!! I am 64. Just curious in this matter. A senior discount is fine...but WHY the age differences? Who determines what ages when it comes to buying what?

This what I found:
    The age which qualifies for senior citizen status varies widely. In governmental contexts it is usually associated with an age at which pensions or medical benefits for the elderly become available. In commercial contexts, where it may serve as a marketing device to attract customers, the age is often significantly lower.
    In the United States, the standard retirement age is currently 65 (gradually increasing to 67).
    The AARP allows couples in which one spouse has reached the age of 50 to join, regardless of the age of the younger spouse.
    A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

Is CHL...governmental ran? (TX) DPS ?? TPWD??
      Me too..............

Comment

Working...
      X