Texas City Dike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas City Dike

I can tell you where they weren't form 9am to 2pm....TCD....... Threw all colors of soft plastics with two bumps. My brother did the same thing. Three other kayakers did the same with one that caught a stingray on a live shrimp....... One thing is for sure is that I love my new electric kayak!
    Fishwhisperer

Thanks for the report . Maybe should have held there longer into late afternoon especially if the tide would be coming in . So ,where are the pictures of the new kayak ?
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Your probably right about hanging around longer. I will send you a pic the next time I catch fish out of it. May be a while.........
      Fishwhisperer

Comment

wheres da pics?
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

come on Randy show use your Epowered yak!
          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fishing January II.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	553806Here she is! I thought she would look better with some fresh trout. Fished the South shoreline starting around 10a and ended around 3p. Had a slow start but ended up catching these three in the last 45 minutes. Left them biting due to a full bladder and cold feet....... Suspending hard plastic bait was the ticket for me today, which I never use......... Thanks for the trip Flynut!
            Last edited by rtoler; January 17, 2011, 10:48 PM.
            Fishwhisperer

Comment

Randy did you install that yourself or did it come on your yak?
              I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

It came with the yak. It is basically a Minn Kota trolling motor mounted on a big plastic wedge configuration that slips into a hole in the back of the yak where it plugs in. Wires connect it to the battery that sits in a rectangular compartment just forward between your legs. A switch between your legs controls the forward and backward speed. Steering is done with your feet. The down side is it drafts about 7 inches of water. Setting it up and taking it down requires more effort too.
                Fishwhisperer

Comment

Nice !! TWG . Take a large mouth empty Gatorade bottle to use as a urinal . You can get your waders down far enough in the yak to whip out your unit ...I do . But then , mine is like a hose
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

That's a beaut! You're right: it looks even better with the trout!
                    Just watch out for Pugger's "Hose"!
                    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Working...
                    X