chocolate saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chocolate saturday

all the way to 2004 i kept telling myself to turn around and go home. Even as boats were going passed me, away from the bayou, i kept going. Hit the water about 930, made my way down the bay to the long reef area. Got set up on the east end of the reef and started to drift, and drift, and drift. I was about 500 yards from the main channel before i got my first bite. Ended up drifting the same area 3 times and scratched out 8 bites.
    5 keeper trout, 2 keeper flounder and had 1 trout pull off. All fish were on a single hooked corky devil.
    On the way back the the ramp i met Don and his wife. Don and his wife have a house in terramar and managed to stick there brand new Pure Bay Blue Wave up on one of the many spoil banks in chocolate. With a little work i was able to pull them off, there were a very nice couple. I told them to check out FWE.

One last thing, can someone recomend a good drift sock. Destroyed the cheap one i got from BPS for Christmas.
    TIA
    castaway300

The drift socks at Academy work good, I have had both of mine for about 10 years, no damage.

Comment

One last thing, can someone recomend a good drift sock. Destroyed the cheap one i got from BPS for Christmas.
      TIA
      castaway300[/QUOTE]

It's best if you pull it in before you start the engine and move!LOL
      Put a bronze swivel hook and a float on the new one.
      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
        TIA
        castaway300
        It's best if you pull it in before you start the engine and move!LOL
        Put a bronze swivel hook and a float on the new one.[/QUOTE]

didnt loose THIS one, shredded it. the last one was lost, and yes it had a float on it.

thanks for the tip fishalot.

Comment

My wife and I got to the 2004 ramp around 10:00. We took a look around and decided to go to the Boat Show instead.

Comment

Working...
          X