Wade Phillips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wade Phillips

What do you guys think about Wade being hired and Kubiak staying? At first I was ready for Kubiak to hit the road, but when I heard they maybe hiring Wade it really made a lot of sense. Kubiaks offense was pretty stellar this year, and Wade has always had a proven defense. Besides, if they fired Kubiak and brought someone else in, it would be like starting over again. I really think this was a pretty good decision.

Good football decision. Wade is a proven DC.
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Wade is a fantastic DC. With that said, he's a 3-4 guy and the Texans don't have the personnel for the 3-4 right now nor the time to assemble it through FA or the draft. Kubiak and Wade have already said they realize they have to win now. I know Wade has said he will adapt to the players he has; I hope that's not just a line because they're already going to be short on time with the lockout and don't need additional distractions.

Of course the D can't get any worse. If they'd been even marginally better this season they're 10-6 and in the playoffs with that offense so I think this move might just work out.

As an A&M guy I've heard the "starting over again" excuse ad nauseum for ten years and that one just doesn't hold water with me. That crap bought Francione a contract extension and set us back a decade. If you're headed in the wrong direction (9-7 to 6-10) then you're just postponing the inevitable. I'm not saying Kubiak won't get it turned around, esp. with Wade now, but that is a garbage reason for keeping a coach.

I'm just glad they went out and got a proven commodity this time.

Comment

Originally posted by screamindrag View Post
        What do you guys think about Wade being hired and Kubiak staying? At first I was ready for Kubiak to hit the road, but when I heard they maybe hiring Wade it really made a lot of sense. Kubiaks offense was pretty stellar this year, and Wade has always had a proven defense. Besides, if they fired Kubiak and brought someone else in, it would be like starting over again. I really think this was a pretty good decision.
        well said Tommy
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Well the fact is the head coach is responsible for the complete team, offense, defense, special teams, etc. Houston has history of being teams that wait too long to make changes. Not only that ,the coaches that are available this year are going to be gone really quick.Oh well, I guess the only thing to do now is to wait with everyone else and see what the next season brings!
          A Living Legend

Comment

pray for secondary help in the draft or free agency even better
            MANVEL MOB

Comment

Just saw a pro bowl cornerback from Oakland is available. I can't spell his name. I wonder if they will try to go after him.

Comment

Originally posted by cypress_wader View Post
                If you're headed in the wrong direction (9-7 to 6-10) then you're just postponing the inevitable. I'm not saying Kubiak won't get it turned around, esp. with Wade now, but that is a garbage reason for keeping a coach.
                This.

Comment

we need osamoagha or however the heck u spell it !!he is the oakland free agent CB and we need him bad! pay up
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by screamindrag View Post
                    Just saw a pro bowl cornerback from Oakland is available. I can't spell his name. I wonder if they will try to go after him.
                    him too LOL sorry bro just seen it
                    MANVEL MOB

Comment

A positive move imo
                      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

you will soon find out why yuk yuk is no longer a coach in dallas. enjoy the new dc!

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                          him too LOL sorry bro just seen it
                          LOL I figured probowl cornerback from Oakland was easier than trying to spell that guys name.

Comment

The Texans vrs Barham !!!!!!!!
                            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Working...
                            X