It's gettin to that time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's gettin to that time...

UTMB is doing their recruitment thing right now. Bringing in undergrads and trying to get them to join the grad school. Anyways, my girlfriend helps UTMB out with this stuff and talks about how there is plenty of fishing, gigging, surfing, etc. available here. One of the guys was very interested in gigging so I took him out last Friday to SLP before the front blew in.

He didn't do too bad for a liberal yankee Within 5 minutes he says he found one. I come over and verify that it's a keeper and tell him how to stick it. Didn't find any other fish between both of us. He was still stoked though, first gigged fish and he got to see jellyfish, crabs, and coves so stuffed with bait you couldn't see the bottom in 8" of water.. After he gigged it, he was saying "Man, I BELONG here!". Filleted it out for him and gave him the fried fillets the next day. How's that for showing him some Southern hospitality?

Now for the important stuff. Even though there was only one fish, the water clarity was just awesome. Also no skeeters. There were beds around, including 2 that must have come from 22"+ fish. I glad I ended up going because they are out there, and it's only gonna get better.

With the low tide over this past weekend, I went on a trek at the camp and spotted flounder beds everywhere. This will be the spot when the water warms up a little bit.
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Spring Flounder run seems to be in full swing!
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice fish. I'm gonna have to give it a shot sometime. Can you walk in where all the trails were that led to the bayside of the pass

Comment

Yep, that's where we went too. It's even easier to drive now than a few months ago.

Comment

Working...
          X