Steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering

Anybody got one of these laying around.Had to pull my lower unit and powerhead to get to it.Its off a 1988 88hp Johnson.Rusted out.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	steering 001.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	568371

Found one.Its a bit rust to.But I got the whole motor.Had a bad powerhead but the rest of the motor was good.So I got parts.Had to go to Conroe with Slickfish and Reeltime in the truck to get it.Boy wasn't that fun.

Comment

Yes. Yes it was a fun trip. Chris next time I'm driving so we can get back before church starts on Sunday.
      I have an uncontrolable desire to wanna jerk my rod.

Comment

Originally posted by slickfish View Post
        Yes. Yes it was a fun trip. Chris next time I'm driving so we can get back before church starts on Sunday.
        Are we there yet!I'm glad we found one for ya'll!Thanks paragod if your on here!
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzy View Post
          Anybody got one of these laying around.Had to pull my lower unit and powerhead to get to it.Its off a 1988 88hp Johnson.Rusted out.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]11455[/ATTACH]
          naw but the bolt on the front of that piece that goes thru that hole on the left front that connects the steering cable to the steering bar... anyway that bolt snapped and i was thrown from my boat and had to swim a long ways..... I was very lucky I wasnt killed
          MANVEL MOB

Comment

I got us there and back.Thats what counts.I actually drove a little faster than I like to.

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
              naw but the bolt on the front of that piece that goes thru that hole on the left front that connects the steering cable to the steering bar... anyway that bolt snapped and i was thrown from my boat and had to swim a long ways..... I was very lucky I wasnt killed

Wear an inflateable and a kill switch...

Comment

My '86 90 Rude looked like that-but Ike took her away-she's off sportsman road somewhere with all the other "lost souls". It looked like a PITA to ever replace -I guess dangerous when it snaps also!! Glad your OK Duane and glad ya found the part Fuzzy.
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                X