Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandatory Kayak Registration?

check this out...

I sure hope we don't have to register our yaks. Safety course.....I would guess thats a good idea, but Power Boaters should go also. Sounds like they just want $.

Comment

LA has a mandatory boating course, I took a boating course for Texas before I was able to operate my jon boat with trolling motor then had to slowly work my way up to 5HP, 9.9, 30 etc

I have almost run over a kayak. I stopped and apologized but also pointed out that I could not see him, I had my running lights on and he did not. I have my yak lit up light an xmas tree when I am in it!
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Yup, they are short on money so we this is a way for them to generate money, I wonder whats next? Licensing your fishing equipment? You can't fish if your not licensed in most cases?
        What about Outboard yearly registrations, Speed traps on the water, New recreational aquatic license to drive a boat. I bet thats next.
        NoBama

Comment

Originally posted by PasadenaMan View Post
          Yup, they are short on money so we this is a way for them to generate money, I wonder whats next? Licensing your fishing equipment? You can't fish if your not licensed in most cases?
          What about Outboard yearly registrations, Speed traps on the water, New recreational aquatic license to drive a boat. I bet thats next.
          I have seen MANY a boater and yakker that NEED to take a safety and boater/yakker etiquette class. Many! I have also run across some that would do a great job teaching such class.

Comment

I don't agree with a registration of the kayaks but a boating course would be acceptable. I've seen too many close calls all because the boater didn't know what boating etiquette is.
            Resident Ninja

Comment

What would the funds collected for registering a yak go too? What would it do for the Yaker?

Comment

Originally posted by 24Buds View Post
                What would the funds collected for registering a yak go too? What would it do for the Yaker?
                Ask TPWD...?
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                  I have almost run over a kayak. I stopped and apologized but also pointed out that I could not see him, I had my running lights on and he did not.
                  Same yak you were hunting during duck season?
                  (just joking)

I agree that a safe yakking/boating course would be a good thing and government intrusion is crappy. Considering that TPWD is going to undergo cuts, funding a yak registration program would seem to be remote for the near future.

Rather then forcing government to intrude for the public good, a voluntary yak education/certification program would be one solution (like what the Coast Guard Aux., does for boaters with a vessel safety check). But succeeding with such a program is like herding cats.
                  Last edited by Oleander Kayaker; February 7, 2011, 02:25 PM.
                  At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Here is a quote from Jon Leason of the Coast Guard Auxillary (for whom I have been recently corresponding, to schedule a vessel safety check, for a boat):

"I have not been following the tpw kayak developments as closely as you have. We can do a vsc on a kayak but it is not as meaningful. Operator experience, conditions and judgment can overwhelm whether or not the few required safety items are on board. A boating safety class is a good idea for new kayakers, sailors, and power boaters alike."
                    At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

A boter safety class and ALL that registration crap is all about taxing your a$s$ off in another form. its just about as insipid as requiring the hunter safety classes and ALLLLLLLLLLLL that other b.s.

Comment

Originally posted by JT View Post
                        A boter safety class and ALL that registration crap is all about taxing your a$s$ off in another form. its just about as insipid as requiring the hunter safety classes and ALLLLLLLLLLLL that other b.s.
                        I agree about no more taxes, though I do wish the stupid ***k that shot at me (over a deer herd and across a property line) had taken a hunters course. (I didn't think, at the time, to shoot back).

Comment

No texting while Paddling, No kayaking in school zones. If you're stoopid enuf to kayak at nite w/o lights, maybe you should be dead anyway. Bunch of BS. GW's are not busy enuf busting Q-tips (outta state snowbirds) and folks w/o a license.

Problem is-look at Hussein Obama-elected by the Moron Majority-the folks that cannot act, think or do for themselves.

I see it this way-if you are stupid enuf to text and drive, I hope ya hit a bridge piling and die-period. If your drunk and wreck your boat or car, I hope you die. If you are a gangbanger and get shot, I hope you die.

If enuf idjits die, then the dead doomazzes will aid the remaining gene pool since they will be dead and cannot be bred!! Good riddance.

I don't need some gummint law telling me when to wipe my rear or nose, but apparently a majority of "sheeple" do-I wish they'd die also. Had the majority of idjits been dead (not just braindead) in 2008, BHO would not be POTUS since only morons and welfare dregs voted for the demogogue.
                          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                            No texting while Paddling, No kayaking in school zones. If you're stoopid enuf to kayak at nite w/o lights, maybe you should be dead anyway. Bunch of BS. GW's are not busy enuf busting Q-tips (outta state snowbirds) and folks w/o a license.

Problem is-look at Hussein Obama-elected by the Moron Majority-the folks that cannot act, think or do for themselves.

I see it this way-if you are stupid enuf to text and drive, I hope ya hit a bridge piling and die-period. If your drunk and wreck your boat or car, I hope you die. If you are a gangbanger and get shot, I hope you die.

If enuf idjits die, then the dead doomazzes will aid the remaining gene pool since they will be dead and cannot be bred!! Good riddance.

I don't need some gummint law telling me when to wipe my rear or nose, but apparently a majority of "sheeple" do-I wish they'd die also. Had the majority of idjits been dead (not just braindead) in 2008, BHO would not be POTUS since only morons and welfare dregs voted for the demogogue.
                            Wow. Long day?

Comment

Jerry, you can't be trusted.
                              We, with the Harvard degrees, need to take care of you for your own good.
                              Pointy objects like fish hooks are way to dangerous. And hey, hooks kill fish!
                              And that cheeseburger will shorten your misery under Our rule, so it needs to be a turkey burger with non-fat cheese.

Oh, and don't look at that man behind the curtain (with the Big Mac).

Barf

Ya'll need to come by for a cheeseburger and a beer and let's rebel together.....

Comment

Working...
                              X