Corndogs Fishing report with Sneakypete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corndogs Fishing report with Sneakypete

Headed out Saturday with Sneakypete. We started by leaving from the 2004 bridge our usual launch point and ran over to the reefs in west bay. We drifted a few spots we have been picking up some table fare on and had little success. After several hour of nothing we headed back to the ramp. After seeing that there were not too many trailers left at the ramp we decided to go up into chocolate bayou and see if we could scratch out some dinner.

I believe that it was around 30 years ago that I first fished with Sneakypete. It was at Dollar point. For years we would fish there and up in chocolate due to the fact that we did not have a boat. Later on when Sneaky had a Boat (12 foot coleman with a trolling motor) we would terrorize the fish in chocolate. We would troll that coleman up and down the bayou and have the old farts frown on us like we did not know chit. In the mean time we would wear the fish out.We use to take it to confederate reef and think we had found the Mecca of fishing. Now that we have real boats we have fished all over the place And caught some incredible fish.

Its funny how one can return to their roots and find the fish that we use to covet. Those fish dont meet our standards or goals of today but still make you smile when you catch em. So any way we catch several fish for dinner and were are just having a great time enjoying a beverage or two. Talking to people we know that are passing by not expecting anything decent to pull our lines. Thats when I managed to find a decent fish hiding up in there. You never know. Its nothing special but we both remembered a time in our life where that fish would have been the greatest thing for a teenager to have pulled out of there and taken it home to show off to his friends and family. Funny how we change with time but never forget where we come from.

Here the pic for old times.
    Attached Files
    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Great story, great times...
    sigpic

Comment

Great Report Ray. Good seeing you and rick at the ramp.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie's Custom Rods View Post
        Great Report Ray. Good seeing you and rick at the ramp.
        ThanksCharlie. Good seeing you also.Lets get out and go chase some fishies!!
        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Nice fishin' Guys! Great story, too. I'd like to hve the sort of fishing history you two have.
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Nice read Ray!
            I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

very nice

Comment

Awesome write up.

I enjoyed reading your report and congrats on the bayou trout.

Comment

good report corndog and rick always good times
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

nice read as someone said.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Good report and read.

AQUA PIMP
                        AQUA PIMP......
                        "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

That's great I have been with sneekypete a couple of times and its always a fun time!

Comment

Thanks for the report. It does bring back great memories.
                            fish caller

Comment

Good one ray
                              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X