Gisp 1-18-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gisp 1-18-11

Walked into GISP and walked over to Dana at 345 and wasn't the only one out there for a change. WInd was really howling and some good chop. Started working some drop-offs with a catch 5 in the EC (Pink chart) for 20 minutes and nothin. Unfortunately, I forgot my stringer in the land crusher and debated going back to get it but the trip was 15 minutes there and back. Bad Idea because I threw a fatboy in pearl/chart back and 3 casts later bump bump WHAM.... 23 in red. I have on of those wading nets with the rubber/plastic netting so I tried to tie her up in there using my spring clamp which worked until she swam away

Worked the same area and caught 4 slots but all released for another day. I figure luck was on my side catching and on the reds' side for being released. Still a lot of fun.

Maybe the other guy was a FWE member. Anyone fish there yesterday?

Comment

Good job on dem reds
      sigpic

Comment

Nice catching!
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I should have went down there today. I drew a blank at sportsmans.

Comment

Way to go! Seems like it's been howling a lot at Dana cove. It also seems like I always catch fish when I forget my stringer!!
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

WTG!
              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
                Way to go! Seems like it's been howling a lot at Dana cove. It also seems like I always catch fish when I forget my stringer!!
                That's the first time I've left it behind and ill be sure its the last!!!

Comment

nice catching,congrats
                  Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Sweet catch. I normally write that place off in the Winter and only fish it from late Spring until Fall, but it looks like you may be on to something.

Comment

There has been a ton of bait pushed in there by the N winds. They are even in the shallows... I mean like ankle deep. I have yet to go out there and not see pelicans busting bait in 2 ft of water.

Comment

I ended up seeing the other wader the next day. He pulled his explorer into the certain spot I caught the reds so no luck. He did say that he caught a couple trout on the west side of Dana. FWIW

Comment

Keep it up! You're gonna make me have to head back over there soon!

Comment

HAHA. Have you been hittin sportsman lately? The problem I have with Sportsman is that I am so ADHD in a place with so many wading areas.

Comment

I've only done Sportsman's once (in my crappy yak) and it was blowin' hard. I could only stand it for about 3 hours and nothing was biting. I'd like to wade over there some time but I'm not a very adventurous sort on my own. I just started fishing last summer, so I don't know where everything is. I need to spend more time doing that. Last time I went to Dana I found a bunch of things I'd never noticed before, just no fish!

Comment

Working...
                              X