468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8 Mile/ Sportsman Road/ Airline- Will someone go with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 Mile/ Sportsman Road/ Airline- Will someone go with me?

Howdy everyone!

I wanted to hit either location above this weekend but since I have never waded there before, I would like to go with someone familar with the area. I wouldn't want to fall into some deep hole or currents I don't know about or go there and not find the places to fish. Thanks for anyones help! I would gladly pay for gas/ bait/ anything that needs to be paid for.
    Resident Ninja

I haven't done major examinations of these areas, but I doubt either 8 mile or Sportsman's would be too dangerous. 8 mile is very shallow and slow to drop off on the east side. Sportsman's is equally flat for most areas. Wading in either shouldn't be too bad, especially since the tides should be way out. It should also be pretty cold this weekend. Check the Google maps of the areas. They'll tell you a lot about the areas. Time and fishing will tell the rest.
    Good luck! I hope you catch a bunch!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

You will do fine wadding at 8 mile towards the right, dont walk in at the boat launch (left).
      It does not get deeper than about 3 ft, walking near the shoreline. There are lots of oyster and rock so take some good wadiing boots, and take ur time as u wade. Post up any report (good or bad). I actually wade all the way till the entrance of sweetwater, then turn back. Had some OK days and some bad days.

Comment

to many people on weekends. good luck!
        the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

sportsman

if you walk in sportsman, directly infront of houses is a old channel that runs in front of them ..just get about belly deep and walk west. im positive other people will be there so just live it and learn it. you will be fine

Comment

Thanks everyone! I'm just hesitant to go to new places because of a horrible experience I had previously. But it sounds like a relatively safe area.
            Resident Ninja

Comment

If u want to be safe, fishing with a buddy is always best, also wear a pfd when wading an uknown AREA.
              Are u Ok with fishing pitch black, if so shoot me a PM, maybe we can meet up and do some fishing.

Comment

Working...
              X