Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting a Yak

Howdy!

After much deliberation, I am in the process of getting 2 yaks (one for me and one for my father). How do I mount a yak onto my '03 Lexus RX 300? I heard about the racks that we could buy but what should we get? I was thinking of something that allows me to easily mount and take down the yaks. Preferably, I would like to mount two yaks on one car. What do y'all think?
    Resident Ninja

Originally posted by Jhua View Post
    Howdy!

After much deliberation, I am in the process of getting 2 yaks (one for me and one for my father). How do I mount a yak onto my '03 Lexus RX 300? I heard about the racks that we could buy but what should we get? I was thinking of something that allows me to easily mount and take down the yaks. Preferably, I would like to mount two yaks on one car. What do y'all think?
    My buddy had the same dilemma he drove a Jetta, they ended up installing a small hitch on the car and having a single axle trailer built that can pull the 2 Tapron 140's they have. Great setup, if you need the name of the builder I can ask. Wish I had a photo.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
      My buddy had the same dilemma he drove a Jetta, they ended up installing a small hitch on the car and having a single axle trailer built that can pull the 2 Tapron 140's they have. Great setup, if you need the name of the builder I can ask. Wish I had a photo.
      I'm trying to stay away from a trailer because I have nowhere to put it when I'm not using it.
      Resident Ninja

Comment

Oops! This thread isn't anything like what I thought it was gonna be about!
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
          Oops! This thread isn't anything like what I thought it was gonna be about!
          That just made my day! I'll sure to be careful next so my thread titles are not...ambiguously interpreted :P
          Resident Ninja

Comment

yea...I thought I was gonna learn something new...lol

Comment

Talk to the guys at Canoesport(may be Austin kayaks now) at 713-660-7000 or 866-66-kayak.They are located at 5822 Bissonnet just off HWY.59.

Comment

I usually tuck my blue jeans in my boots first.
                Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by corndog View Post

Were do you stuff the hind legs!
                  I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

In your boots. Reeltime I thought your where from the country!!
                    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Bwahh Haa!
                      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

You should hear Corndog's other words of wisdom:

"I won this here Belt Buckle in a Rodeo." and "That pick-up Truck I drive is paid for." and "Honestly, I was just helping that sheep cross the fence and her hind legs got stuck in my boots."
                        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

In your boots. Reeltime I thought your where from the country!!
                          I'am have you every seen the straps on them boot's!

Comment

Try www.kayakrackshops.com

thought i would get back topic!

Comment

Working...
                            X