468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5/3 Quick East Bay trip before the wind...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/3 Quick East Bay trip before the wind...

Hit up east bay in the kayak for a quick trip this morning.....Caught these on Gulp crab and a few on Gulp shad under a poppin cork before the wind picked up. Couldn't get any piggy perch so the Gulp had to do this trip. Called it a day around 9:30am. Water visability was about 6". Caught over mud/shell in 6ft of water. Tight lines fellasClick image for larger version

Name:	P8290096.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	3.04 MB
ID:	569137Click image for larger version

Name:	P8290095.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	3.10 MB
ID:	569138
    Don't follow my boat......I don't catch fish......

Nice catch!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

LOL Nice job
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

i havent even thought about going fishing in this wind. talked to ap sat and he said i should just stay at the mirage a few extra days since the wind was so bad..... i shouldve trusted my gut and come on back home instead of hanging out there and being snookered.

Comment

It's a hit or miss in these winds....you gonna be at the boil this weekend? Me an GHS could give you a few piggy perch tips!

Comment

Nice work. I knew it was gonna be alright over there. Can't be scared to fish in a little bit of wind.

Gulp should be outlawed it's so good.
            "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

The only thing better than gulp is hand painting your live bait...
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Hogie......you just gave up GHS's old school secret. The secret you don't know about tho is that its got to be the edible body paint......trout go crazy for it cuz its safe for a human an has less toxins in it....(the trout got the memo about the problems an health warnings about seatrouts meat an how the fda recommends not eating more than 8oz a month...(less if your pregnant)....but the cat is out of the bag now......

Comment

Originally posted by clark08 View Post
                  It's a hit or miss in these winds....you gonna be at the boil this weekend? Me an GHS could give you a few piggy perch tips!
                  I will be at the crawfish boil and I would like a few tips because I been catching all the piggy perch in the 2 to 3 inch sizes in my traps with crushed crab.Caught a few trout and a red last week on piggys.

Comment

If it gets real tough, I will dip my live shrimp in chartruese glo dye. The shrimp looks ridiculously good in the water. Especially if the water is dirty, he just lights up. But if you do it be sure to not leave him in for more than 3 seconds because they will die. Croaker dipped is deadly too
                    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Very nice,congrats
                      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Careful guys, we don't want the public to know all of our secrets. Gotta keep a little mystery in it.
                        "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

nice catch!
                          the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

THE SLAM!!! Nice haul
                            Andros Tarpon 26

Comment

Originally posted by clark08 View Post
                              oh yeah im gonna be there. i hear those piggy perch are pretty good to eat too if you dont leave them in the microwave too long; kinda like sheephead.

Comment

Working...
                              X