Chocolate Bayou 4/28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Bayou 4/28

I had a few hours available to do some late afternoon fishing and luckily I live only ten minutes from the Seabrook/Kemah boat ramps. Aghhhh, to hell with it, I am going to Chocolate.

Short report to write tonight. Only one bite and it was a BIG AZZ something. I brought two rods with me on this trip. One reel fresh from the repair shop fully spooled with new line and one reel with half a spool of old dried up line. Which one do think I was using when the big bite happened? You guessed right! I was using the wrong one for the fight. I haven't felt a tug like that in a long time. The fish keep pulling and pulling and pulling until the old line popped. Had to be a big black drum or a gar. A white curly-tailed GULP was the lure of choice.

Even though the action was slow, it was nice to get out on the bayou and enjoy a cold Bud Light while the sun went down. I got to say "Hello" to Bob "Marsh Rat" Reed at the boat ramp. He was on some flounder tonight.

Glad you got out! Almost catching something is better than sitting on the couch!
    I had about the same luck this evening at GISP.
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Glad you got on the water.Thanks for the report
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Beats staying home WGT Buoy.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

nice job....you better respool before the 7th ....

Comment

My work and the wind been keeping me off, i might get some h2o time in on sunday.

Comment

I noticed Bob's eyes starting to shift to one side of his face. LOL He is part flounder. I call him the fish whisperer

Comment

Originally posted by el gallo View Post
                I noticed Bob's eyes starting to shift to one side of his face. LOL He is part flounder. I call him the fish whisperer
                That is a good one!!!

Comment

Working...
                X