Chocolate Bayou / Chocolate Bay / West Bay (Lutes Tournament) 9.10.11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Bayou / Chocolate Bay / West Bay (Lutes Tournament) 9.10.11

Castaway300, my wife and I fished the Lutes Tournament today. After 8 hours of fishing:

Goose Egg, Nada, Zip, Zilch, Zero!

My personal highlight of the day was seeing a triple tail for the first time ever. It was floating around sideways just south of the 2004 bridge.

We will see what tomorrow has in store.

At least you got out there!!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Not a Total Bust

I should mention that the day of fishing the tournament was not a total bust. I did win 3lb of headed shrimp as a door prize. I was able to enjoy them this afternoon while watching the Texans whip azz on the Colts.
      Attached Files

Comment

chocolate

Normally Bouy has very detailed reports....today he just gave you the ugly truth....so i will play the Paul Harvey role...I had the boat in the water right a 6am, but we didn't leave the dock till about 630. There was something about Juan a donkey and a cup of coffee. Since everybody went south we went north, up the bayou. On our way back down the bayou, bouy looses his hat, a hat he's had for 5 years.
        No way we not going back for it, i get he boat lined up for a quick grab and....he misses it....he gets it on the second pass. After making a one more stop in the bayou we head out for the bay. A couple of miles south of 2004 we see a couple of guys waving us down. As i ease up to them, one says "ill give you money for a tow" i say back to him "we will tow ya in but wont take your money".
        So after a tow back to 2004 were off for the long reef area. We make a couple of drifts, and a few dinks and a bull croaker later, we head towards the pass. On the way i get hit by a hat square in the chest....this time its Mrs Bouys hat...trim down cut back and pick it up on the first pass. We dont find anything behind the pass so we head for the south shoreline, with a pit stop at Seaisle.
        After the stop we slip over to snake island, and fish the outside edge of the grass....nothing. Now we head back to Chocolate, I figure we just grind it out on a spoil bank for the last few hours. Well not 2 min into the drift...bamm Mrs pops a small spec, then Bouy pops a sandie, moments later i pop a small flounder. The action stops, well i aint the sharpest pencil nor am i the dullest. Fire up the big motor and go back around. This time a get the sock out, get the drift set up just right. After a couple more dinks between us, i get hit hard, its the kind of bite you don't even have to think about. Your arm just jerks the pole before your brain even knows what happened. I quickly announce "this is the one".....after a short fight i get the fish up and....its another huge croaker. oh well cant win'em all....i enjoyed the day on the water with friends and I'm looking forward to the next day on the water with friends...
        castaway300

Comment

Bull Croaker!!!!

Great report Brad. We had a great time too. That coffee cursed us. Lesson learned.

We went yesterday for about an hour in the jon boat and it was alot of the same thing. I managed one speck from under shade tree and Candace hooked a snot shark.
          Last edited by buoy37; September 12, 2011, 01:39 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=buoy37;151861]
            That coffee cursed us. Lesson learned.
            QUOTE]
            Really! Next time go for a beer!
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I didn't get even a single bite for the tourney on Saturday btw I was the guy in the lime green shirt who looked like he had fallen into a pit of mud and was dazed that's cause I did. Lime green shirt.
              75% Saltwater 5% led 20 % soft plastic 99% Alcohol 500% Fish stories = the make up of an angler.

Comment

That is fishing for you. Good report though. I could not fish the tournament because the wife and kiddo were sick. What did the leader board look like and when is the invitational tournament?

Thanks and tight lines.....
                KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Originally posted by Gulfcoast13 View Post
                  That is fishing for you. Good report though. I could not fish the tournament because the wife and kiddo were sick. What did the leader board look like and when is the invitational tournament?

Thanks and tight lines.....
                  I looked for you and your boat when we pulled up.

Since our crew didn't turn anything in, I did not pay any attention to the board and since I did not make the invitational, I did not pay attention to that either. Shoot Muddskipper a PM for the weigh-in results and invitational date.

It looks like he is logged in now...
                  Last edited by buoy37; September 12, 2011, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by buoy37 View Post
                    Bull Croaker!!!!

Great report Brad. We had a great time too. That coffee cursed us. Lesson learned.

We went yesterday for about an hour in the jon boat and it was alot of the same thing. I managed one speck from under shade tree and Candace hooked a snot shark.
                    the coffee cursed us, but i really thought that giving those guys a tow would have lifted the curse....

Comment

That bay is so hit n miss,but like he said...least you got out there.
                      Kumala the Ugandan giant

Comment

fished the Lutes tourney and had an awesome time even though I still had a fuel issue with my motor...I guess. Only was able to cruise at a crawfish pace could not get out to my big fish spots.Only able to hit the points up in the bayou. Dinks and rats. Still had a blast and all my crew won a door prize except for me of course. That table of mexicans YEP that was us. Well I just cleaned out my carbs and put a new bulb on her today so I hope she cooperates. This was my first Lutes tourney they are a class act and Im in for life now.

Comment

Originally posted by pieman View Post
                          That table of mexicans YEP that was us.
                          Looked like a table full of fishermen having a great time to me.

Comment

Well said bouy it was a great day for fishing , telling lies while enjoying a cold adult beverage. Looking forward to the next one.
                            Originally posted by buoy37 View Post
                            Looked like a table full of fishermen having a great time to me.

Comment

Originally posted by pieman View Post
                              Well said bouy it was a great day for fishing , telling lies while enjoying a cold adult beverage. Looking forward to the next one.
                              Were you with the kid that scored the redfish with the most spots? If so, how many spots did it have?

Comment

Working...
                              X