Chocolate 11.13.11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate 11.13.11

With 1,000 post now behind me, I figured I would start the next 1,000 with a report.

Sundays trip actually started Thursday afternoon. I had a coworker do some work on my wifes Tahoe. He was being nice and wanted too little for the repair. I wanted to be fair and offered twice what he asked. We went back and forth until we came to an agreement............his small asking fee plus a day on Chocolate on me.

DEAL!!!

We launched out of Lutes at 7:00 and headed staight for the bay. My friend is from Eastern North Carolina and grew up fishing streams and lakes for freshwater trout and catfish. I told him that we will only be throwing lures and fishing in a couple of feet of water. We made our way down the channel discussing tactics and what to expect at our first stop. I had a spot in mind that I wanted to drift and luckily there was no one around. We made a few drifts and caught some feisty keeper specks (16"-18") and Louisiana slot reds (17"-18") on every drift. The reds had a lot of fight in them and my friend was suprised at how hard they were pulling.

The wind started to pick up and I decided to head up into the bayou. We hit a few of hot spots and found fish again. We also met up with my wife and castaway300 and compared notes. We hung around eachother to finish the day in the bayou catching specks from 12"-20". We figured out the color of the day and everyone tied said color on. The fish were more than happy to bust it up.

.....forgot to mention that hook barbs were flatened and all fished were released to fight another day.

Comment

Nothing like a little salt&pepper on your Magaritas!Hey i need to hire him and take him out as well.Good fishin Buoy!
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Nice report Jason
        Post some pics of your wife’s new boat!

Comment

Great story Buoy!
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by jocues View Post
            Nice report Jason
            Right here Jerry

Comment

OOOoooooo secret color.......what could that be? with 40 posts behind me i'm a pro....lmao!

GET THAT TRANSOM FIXED MAN!!!!!
              Kumala the Ugandan giant

Comment

Originally posted by jocues View Post
                Nice report Jason
                My cousin got a new boat?
                Kumala the Ugandan giant

Comment

Originally posted by Shallow Sport68 View Post
                  My cousin got a new boat?
                  Yep. Y'all share the same "Do it because I want to" gene.

Plus she has that Carrera blood flowing through her. You know what that's about.

Comment

Very nice!
                    Resident Ninja

Comment

WTG. Good job putting your friend on some fish. You know chocolate pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by buoy37 View Post
                        Yep. Y'all share the same "Do it because I want to" gene.

Plus she has that Carrera blood flowing through her. You know what that's about.
                        LOL yup.....thats how we do it.
                        Kumala the Ugandan giant

Comment

OOOoooooo secret color.......what could that be?!
                          It is a color that no man would want to be caught dead in, but would be shot dead if he were in another man's.

Comment

Originally posted by buoy37 View Post
                            It is a color that no man would want to be caught dead in, but would be shot dead if he were in another man's.
                            LOL..All i have to add is the sandwiches at Harbo walk are great!
                            Kumala the Ugandan giant

Comment

OOOoooooo secret color.......what could that be? with 40 posts behind me i'm a pro....lmao!

GET THAT TRANSOM FIXED MAN!!!!!

get your junk fixed first guey

Comment

Working...
                              X