Limit + with Mud Minnows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limit + with Mud Minnows

Tried a dozen Mud Minnows this AM and glad I did. Fished dropoff to channel (Choc Bayou) with 4' leader and made a limit and then some. I only kept some for some elderly neighbors and the rest tossed back. Also made 2 trout swallow a couple but they got tossed over also. Kept a few skillet size croaker for me and moma.
    Had hell again with knots on the Flurocarbon and lost several so that's it on that stuff and going back to mono.
    Wind was nowhere to be found and heavy heavy action when the push boats came by. Water was best I've seen this year and was on a slow incoming tide.
    Attached Files
    "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Very nice!! Wtg!!!
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Great report! Nice catching.

Comment

Awesome!
        West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Atta way Mike!

Comment

Solid fish way to go man!!!
            MANVEL MOB

Comment

Have you tried a palomar knot ? I was told at FTU that a fluorocarbon knot should be checked after every catch.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Nice going sir

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
                  KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Sure, that's what I use on mono also. And I do usually check the abrasion at the hook and if it aint smooth then I retie.
                    My favorite mono is Ande 12# Green and I use 20#TsunamiPro for Leader material. A Size 1 Owner SSW is what I use for live baits.
                    I switched to these from a Gamakatsu Size2/0 with a ring because of the offset and to get away from the ring.
                    I've never bent either one and specs reds croakers gafftops are 90% of the time hooked in the lips or very seldom down the gullet.
                    I very rarely keep any of them but a flounder is going in the box along with the larger croakers. Door mats always swallow the hook way down and I lose my temper and heart to the damage when they are undersize. When they are I consider that part of my limit.
                    But to me the knots are the weak links and no more swivels or split rings than necessary or none at all.
                    I cant see anymore and the tremors in my hands make knot tying a terrible ordeal. That may be the main problem.
                    "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

I've never had a San Diego Jam Knot come loose on fluoro. Give it a try.
                      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
                        I've never had a San Diego Jam Knot come loose on fluoro. Give it a try.
                        That sounds gay. But whatever you're into

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
                        KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	yourock.gif
Views:	1
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	560989
                          Hello, My name is Anthony, and I'm a Chocoholic.

Comment

That's a chunky red ! Thanks for the report .
                            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

cant beat that! nice dude!
                              Think like a fish no matter how weird it gets…

Comment

Working...
                              X