Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat Ladder

smooth move,
    Here's a sketch of the ladder I have in mind for my Flatscat.
    Attached Files
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Nice scetch, Kenny. Wadefishers special.

Comment

Kenny, you don't need a ladder for a Flats Cat unless you are getting old and fat.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_A View Post
        Kenny, you don't need a ladder for a Flats Cat unless you are getting old and fat.
        Well, yes and no. Yes, I am getting old, but I'm in good shape. There are two reasons I need a ladder. I keep damaging waders from throwing my right leg over the gunnel getting in during the winter. Simms wanted to know why in the hell my waders kept separating layers on the inside thigh & knee of the right leg only! LOL
        My family can't get back in if we are swimming or tubing, and if I happen to anchor deep, it is harder than it needs to be.
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

I had one very similar. Ladders are great-these youngins will get it someday-after all, the stats show that the young kids today will be fatter than us when our age!!!
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Just messing with you Kenny, I may have to get one soon also...............
            Originally posted by kenny View Post
            Well, yes and no. Yes, I am getting old, but I'm in good shape. There are two reasons I need a ladder. I keep damaging waders from throwing my right leg over the gunnel getting in during the winter. Simms wanted to know why in the hell my waders kept separating layers on the inside thigh & knee of the right leg only! LOL
            My family can't get back in if we are swimming or tubing, and if I happen to anchor deep, it is harder than it needs to be.

Comment

Thanks, there's no hurry.
              "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Smooth move. I need one too!
                Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Raw aluminum is better. Powder coating holds up great plus no pitting from the salt water.
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by smooth move
                    hey guys, i don't have any anodized material. will only be able to do it out of raw aluminum. will have to be painted or powder coated. if you can come up with some anodized material, give me a shout. trouble with that stuff is that you have to buy a box of it, can't just buy a small amount, at least i haven't found anyone yet.
                    What are the specs for the tubing we need? I can make a few calls.
                    I did find this site.http://www.brunnerent.com/Tools/Port...=7&strMetaTag=
                    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

I will check wih our suppliers. I can get SS316 or SSSD 2507 all day long. Would this be an option?
                      Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by smooth move
                        stainless is good, works better than aluminum, but it has to be buffed to a shine.

I will get the cost for each to compare. I have 30' of 1.00"x.049 of SS316. You think that would work. Do you have a tubing bender for that material? I dont really care if its shinny but curious how much work is it to make it shine? Can you weld and bend SSSD 2507?
                        Last edited by corndog; June 19, 2012, 10:24 PM.
                        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

I need a det of racks made for my front bumper...I have the mounting holes for fog lights that I'd like to utilize. I don't know if that will help if you have to place a bigger order. Thinking a 4 rack mount...and powder coated would be my preference, but aluminum would be fine too!
                          Don't be a Nancy!
                          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Roger, Here's the step hinge I was talking about in the PM. It should make it much easier.
                            Attached Files
                            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Working...
                            X