No announcement yet.

Making A Wade Tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be wading alone tomorrow, however if you see me look the other way because I am prefishing for the tourney saturday.
    sigpicAndrew Dykes
    www.AndcoConstruction.com
    AndrewDykes@AndcoConstruction.com
    281-850-2897

Comment

Well, It was an ok today. Caught one Flounder, wasn't a keeper but fun to catch. You guys where right about Sea Wolf Park. The place looked like the mall on Black Friday. Sorry for not posting a pic, I have an old junked out Blackberry. But I did just order a new phone today, so look for pictures in the future. Thanks for the tips guys.
      Garrett

Semper Fi

Comment

I know this is an old thread but since we hit so much on safety, I'd like to share one of my near drowning experiences. I use the circular floating nets that I carry all of my lures in. I was fishing the surf once and the fish weren't biting. Well I underestimated the high tide and tried to make it to the third bar. I never touched bottom. Before I made the trek to go out there I thought about my tube in case things went south. Well I ran out of juice and almost passed out. All I had was the tube and it held my weight just fine. I just laid there on it and barely moved my arms to get back to shore. I'll never wade in the surf without one again.

Comment

Oh man , that is scary . My fishing friend almost drowned when he was young trying to meet up with his friends on the third bar . He got dunked and swept down the gut by the current and looked up at the sky from just under the surface and thinking he was going to drown . His friend saw this and moved down the bar until finally caught up with him . The friend stuck his rod in the water and my buddy grabbed it and with the help took one step onto the bar . He was shaken up really bad and it took a while to rest and gather his wits before making back to the beach . Guys die in the surf much to often . I would definitely wear a inflatable PFD , use a do - nut , or like myself , use a wadeAide wade belt . It's like a ski belt in concept . The thickness offers back support as well . It saved my butt fishing the surf at night when the tide had come in and deepened the gut I had earlier walked through . I had not realized this until I found myself bobbing in the water . It floated me once behind SLP when I thought I could make it across the first gut . I highly recommend the wade -aide . If I didn't have it , I would be wearing an inflatable PFD .
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhua View Post
            Never wade SLP alone
            You're talking about the Pass, right? What's the specific concern over there?

Comment

Originally posted by poulsen View Post
              1. Are you kidding?
              2. Are you from the area?
              If the answer is no to both
              The current flowing through the guts at san luis pass (SLP) are very strong. I think the grand total for the year is 4 or 5 drowned to date 2013.
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Most of my fishing has been solo . The surf , bay around the passes and the pass itself is dangerous because the current can be very strong . If you get swept into the current there is nothing anyone can do for you . Anyone trying to get to you would end up drowning . WEAR A PFD and be careful and you will be ok . My wade belt floats me , wade-aide .
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by poulsen View Post
                  There are lots of guts and drop offs over there. Combine that with the amazing currents an it equals danger.
                  "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Wasn't trolling, I just have never fished that far down. I stick more to Bolivar.

Comment

Working...
                    X