New to wade fishing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to wade fishing!

I went out to sea wolf on saturday and waded for the first time. I am hooked. I a want to do it a lot more come the spring. What are some good places down and around galveston? I like both sides of seawolf, but i prefer the bay side. Also what are some good topwatera and other essential tackle for wading?
    Thanks so much!

1st of all, a hook and line map and Google earth will be a BIG Help.
    I'll let others chime in. I need my beauty rest.

Comment

X2 on what Sisco said. (He really needs his beauty sleep!)

My favorite topwater is a bone superspook jr. I always carry a box of topwaters with a few corkies, a few jigheads and some tails. I also carry a boga, stringer, pliers, a rag, some glasses wipes, and anything else i can carry! LOL!.
      Just keep adding what you think you might need and removing what you don't use. There's no need to carry too much (like I do).
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Do a search on here. There are lots of discussions on wading gear and lure selection.

I like any topwater that a fish will eat. I carry a box with a large assortment of sizes and colors.
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
          X2 on what Sisco said. (He really needs his beauty sleep!)

My favorite topwater is a bone superspook jr. I always carry a box of topwaters with a few corkies, a few jigheads and some tails. I also carry a boga, stringer, pliers, a rag, some glasses wipes, and anything else i can carry! LOL!.
          Just keep adding what you think you might need and removing what you don't use. There's no need to carry too much (like I do).
          Don't listen to "Pockets"!! You'll have so much stuff on you that you'll affect the earths gravitational pull!!
          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Don't take any tackle advice from imhammer. He will have you so loaded up you will drown...If it does not fit in my one wading box it is not making that trip. A couple different color plastics, a couple different color and size of topwaters, a corky or a few depending on the time of year and jig heads are all you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
              Don't listen to "Pockets"!! You'll have so much stuff on you that you'll affect the earths gravitational pull!!
              lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
                Hey! You can never tell when you might need a La-Z-Boy when you're wade fishing, much less a refrigerator!
                "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I'm with FP10, but to each his own. I carry a small wading plastic box with a lanyard to wear around my neck for quick bait changes. I like soft plastic jigs but always have a topwater, corky, and a couple spoons and a couple mirrolures. I carry a net in case I need it and prefer a do-nut to a stringer so I can cull if needed.

Comment

Working...
                  X