Monday 7/8 South of SLP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday 7/8 South of SLP

Back in town for another week, so decided to try some new territory and explore the bayside shoreline below SLP. Gave the rental car a workout and took her up on the bayside shoreline that I thought looked good. The jeep liberty has plenty of sand in it now.

Started where I left off by throwing Gulp! Shrimp. That fire tiger pattern works for me and quickly snagged a few flounder that I assume where short of legal as most looked 15-16". I gotta throw a small tape in the bag.

Switched over to a heddon spook to try and get some topwater actions but no hook ups. A few small smacks but nothing big enough to take it.

Finished on a Chartruesse gulp curley tail and landed another small flounder on the walk out.

And so goes another night here without a spec. Errrg!

Workin in Corpus tomorrow at some power plants and hope to finish early enough to get wet somewhere on the way back up to Clear Lake.

Min size on flounder is 14" - get you one of those rod ruler stickers at academy and stick it on the back side of your rod. Then you're never without a measuring stick while you're wading. Or for the time being a few pieces of tape at 15", 20" and 25" will suffice. Keep at it on the trout - it'll happen.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Or just paint lines on your rod with finger nail polish. That is what I used to do. It stays on better. I just grabbed her brightest red and did 14", 15", 20" and 28". You can put the 25" on there too if you want.

Comment

You got your pole bent!!! WTG..
        Sounds like you are only a few more fishing trips away from visually being spot on "as you put them on your stringer"
        Keep plugin
        T/L and courtesy on the water

Comment

You did pretty good for a quick trip and got action. Thanks.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Youll get the trout.
            Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

The wind and tides have been lousy , so it's been tough fishing for most . You are not alone in frustration . How did the water look ? Greenish or brownish ? You want to try to find the greenist water you can with bait present . Being without a boat or kayak your options are more limited . I see alot of west or southwest wind in the forecast . If so , wading the channel side of the south jetty at afel park or taking the ferry across to boliver and wade the boliver pocket could be options . Those areas are protected from a west wind and could have better water . Good luck !
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
              X