7-12,13-2013 sea isle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7-12,13-2013 sea isle

Last weekend my wife , daughter , and in-laws rented a friends canal home for a get away and that sunday was our 23 rd wedding anniversary . We arrived thursday and friday i took the boat to the texas city dike to check out east bay .

I launched my boat and found 3 guys having a bad day at the launch ! They had already put the boat in the water and two were trying to lift the trailer end as one gunned the truck . I left with them still at it . When i returned at 2;30 pm , they had gotten boat and trailer out somehow . The driver , about my age had mistaken the bulkhead for a ramp . Man , i felt bad for him .[ATTACH=CONFIG]26126[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26125[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26124[/ATTACH]
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

CONTINUED

I took the ditch to east bay .[ATTACH=CONFIG]26127[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26128[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26129[/ATTACH]
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

CONTINUED

East bay was blown out by the west wind and i was worried about a heavy rain system off shore , so i went back to the dike .[ATTACH=CONFIG]26131[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26130[/ATTACH]

Comment

Your right, that would make for a bad day. You never know what you might see at a boat ramp.
        A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

That launch is tricky in the dark. Painful to look at.

Comment

CONTINUED

At the dike the water was good and if the storm came in i wanted to be close to the launch . So i checked out mosquito island and the water was excellent with bait and an outgoing tide . I anchored and waded the bay side of the reef missing one fish -had only a scale on my treble hook - and then waded the skyline drive side of the reef. There i picked up a 18 inch trout . I saw 2 waders each land one trout a piece . After fishing there a good while i moved on .[ATTACH=CONFIG]26132[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26133[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26134[/ATTACH]

Comment

CONTINUED

I went to the south side of the dike area and waded . Two guys were wading near by . They had not caught anything but before they left , one landed a nice trout on a topwater . I eventually landed another trout . After being on my stringer a while i heard a commotion from it and turned in time to see a 3 foot ankle biter shark take a hunk out of it . I worked the area over well , but that was it and i got back to the launch at 2;30 pm .[ATTACH=CONFIG]26135[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26136[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26137[/ATTACH]

Comment

CONTINUED

The next morning , saturday , i took our daughter to the west end surf . Man , it was a great day to be in the surf . When we got in i was thinking we could be finally putting some trout on the stingers . The wind was light out of the south , green water , slight rolling surf , plenty of bait .[ATTACH=CONFIG]26138[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26139[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26140[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26141[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26142[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26143[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26144[/ATTACH]

Comment

CONTINUED

We put on topwaters and soon both got a blow up but no hook up . After hammering away on top i put a gulp on for her and i threw everything in my wade box . I was disappointed as we caught zero , ziltch , nada ! Guys were lined up and down the surf , some throwing live shrimp , but i saw no one catch a thing . After 3 hours we packed up and went to the bay side of slp .

Comment

7-12,13-2013 sea isle

Now there is the plugger report like only you can do Henry!!! Keep em coming doc.
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

CONTINUED

The water was great in the first gut on the bay side with an increasing incoming tide . We got belly deep and worked down the gut to the right . I fished hard going 200 yards down the length of the gut until it got shallow without a fish . I saw two waders up on the flats whooping and heard one say "it's a pig " . So one must have stuck a good trout . Fishing back down the gut on my return i talked to several guys . No one did well . One guy with live shrimp landed a stinray , sheepheads , and trash fish . We finally went back to the house downcast at noon . Rats ! I was hoping to have my daughter get into some fish as she has only gotten flounder in the past .
                      Attached Files

Comment

CONTINUED

That afternoon i was on the deck of the house and i saw a boat come down the canal with 3 guys in it coming in from fishing . The captain had a wea t-shirt on so when they put in a few houses down , i walked down and yelled across to them . They invited me over and i drove to thier house . The wea shirt belonged to rodney lang . They had been fishing slp with shrimp and were doing well when they had some engine problem and had to leave them biting . Say hello rodney ![ATTACH=CONFIG]26148[/ATTACH]

Comment

END

THE NEXT DAY , SUNDAY , I WAS ON THE HOUSE DECK LATE MORNING AND OBSERVED 4 COLLEGE AGE GUYS LAYING OUT A BUNCH OF TROUT TO CLEAN . I COULD CONVERSE WITH THEM ACROSS THE CANAL AND FOUND OUT THEY HAD USED LIVE SHRIMP THAT MORNING IN THE SURF JUST OPPOSITE SEA ISLE TO HARVEST 16 TROUT 16-18 INCHES LONG . THE PREVIOUS DAY , SATURDAY , THEY GLEANED 24 TROUT WITH ONE FELLOW LOSING A 24 INCH ONE . RATS , WE COULD HAVE FISHED THE SURF JUST ACROSS FROM WHERE WE WERE STAYING AND MAYBE HAD A CATCH ....BUT , NOOOOOO , I HAD TO GO TO THE WEST END SURF AND DO ZERO INSTEAD OF HERO .

ON A BRIGHTER NOTE , SATURDAY NIGHT WE ALL WENT TO THE SEA ISLE MARINA RESTAURANT FOR A LOVELY DINNER TO CELEBRATE OUR 23RD ANNIVERSARY . CHEERS TO ALL ! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0305.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	559951Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0306.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	559952

Comment

7-12,13-2013 sea isle

Great post Henry! It's a real delight having you back on the board. Sorry you didn't catch more this trip.
                            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Nice report Henry. Great Pics as your story showed everything you did. I really hoped you would have slayed the trout on one of your outtings.
                              The 3 pics I liked best...

The Trailer....It looked like the frame was bent. Ouch!!

Your daughter close up with the bright finger nail polish. Nice memory for you.

Dinner with your wife. Happy anniversary!!!
                              I bet that isn't Water your drinking.

Comment

Working...
                              X