African animals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• African animals

As my move from South Africa to Houston draws closer, and considering that Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030248.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	570597your season is about to open I thought I would post some pics to whet your appetite

Oryx (aka Gemsbuck) and a springbuck shot in the Kalahari desertClick image for larger version

Name:	Picture 013.jpg
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	570596

WOW the season here is all about steroids & genetic manipulation… LMAO If you want to continue to hunt that caliper animal stay in South Africa… You will disappointed after hunting in South Africa... The ranches that house such game are 10 foot fenced in hand feed pets… All you need is a hand full of corn & a baseball bat to hunt in Texas… Just my opinion…
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by Hogie70 View Post
      WOW the season here is all about steroids & genetic manipulation… LMAO If you want to continue to hunt that caliper animal stay in South Africa… You will disappointed after hunting in South Africa... The ranches that house such game are 10 foot fenced in hand feed pets… All you need is a hand full of corn & a baseball bat to hunt in Texas… Just my opinion…
      Come on Hogie...not all of us hunt on high fenced game ranches where it cost $10k to shoot a decent buck...some of us hunt on family land with low fences, no stands, leaning up against a tree still hunting creek bottoms and cow pastures...helps if you grew up in the woods shooting squirells and rabbits with a 22 since you were 9...the deer cross the creeks/pastures the same places they did when I was a kid...I will say that hunting is just a diversion/hobby and I wouldn't do it if i had to pay for it...Fishing is a passion!

Comment

Didn't intend to highjack 2 scoops...that Oryx is really cool!

Comment

2scoops that is some really nice animals. Hogie I hunt on 60 acres of pine thicket and I have to hunt hard to kill a deer and it might not have horns.

Comment

Hunted Africa a few years ago. What a trip, the most awesome hunting experience of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by mjh View Post
              2scoops that is some really nice animals. Hogie I hunt on 60 acres of pine thicket and I have to hunt hard to kill a deer and it might not have horns.
              Same here,no fence same peice of land family has hunted since early sixties
              I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

2scoops an oryx has always been in my top five of animals to hunt, congrats on that one

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	tbhava.JPG
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	555841 Here is mine. Gracefully adoring our bay home now.

Comment

Originally posted by Raleigh View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]16634[/ATTACH] Here is mine. Gracefully adoring our bay home now.
                    Holy Crap !!!!!!!

Comment

WOW.....That is awesome!
                      sigpic
                      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice Gensbuck and the Orynx is awesome. I hunt South Texas with two guys that have been all over the world and killed some record book animals. They still get wound up for South Texas Whitetail.
                        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Quote "If you want to continue to hunt that caliper animal stay in South Africa… You will disappointed after hunting in South Africa..." End Quote

The family hunted land doesn't produce the caliper game he is showing in his pictures... Maybe & I mean maybe you may get lucky & get a 140 class buck once every three or four years on the family lease... All of the big ranches in the state a 140 class buck are 2 years old... Genetic manipulated, pin raised, hand feed as a yearling & turned loose in a controlled environment... LMAO

Corndog Being chased by the game warden for hunting off of the side of the road will get anyone wound up... LMAO Justy Kidding Dog!
                          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

one of my favourite areas to hunt. Privately owned game farm of 35,000 acres !! Rolling dunes of red sand.

Going to focus on fishing and duck hunting when in Houston. Open minded to understand there's advantages, disadvantages in different places. Sure the excitement of new places, concepts and different animals will keep me happy for many years
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hogie70 View Post
                              Quote "If you want to continue to hunt that caliper animal stay in South Africa… You will disappointed after hunting in South Africa..." End Quote

The family hunted land doesn't produce the caliper game he is showing in his pictures... Maybe & I mean maybe you may get lucky & get a 140 class buck once every three or four years on the family lease... All of the big ranches in the state a 140 class buck are 2 years old... Genetic manipulated, pin raised, hand feed as a yearling & turned loose in a controlled environment... LMAO

Corndog Being chased by the game warden for hunting off of the side of the road will get anyone wound up... LMAO Justy Kidding Dog!
                              Maybe to some it is more about the hunt and not about bragging. Nice animals 2scoops and Raleigh!
                              "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
                              boom

Comment

Working...
                              X