Turkeys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkeys

I am going to be down in San Luis Pass the end of March. Are there any turkeys around on the mainland? Maybe close to Freeport? Public or pay either is fine. I will have a 10 yr old with me. I call em, he kills em.

I looked at public hunting areas and only found info on ducks.

Any help or info is appreciated.

Turkeys

Are you after water turkeys ?
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

No turkeys...gotta head to the hill country
      sigpic

Comment

Re: Turkeys

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
        Are you after water turkeys ?
        Mamon!!!
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

The last turkey I saw in Surfside was a "Jive Turkey " at Kittys Purple Cow back in 1977!!! Fool tried to slide up on my scene and smooth my lady! Sucka fool.
          Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Turkeys

Lmao
            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by corndog View Post
              The last turkey I saw in Surfside was a "Jive Turkey " at Kittys Purple Cow back in 1977!!! Fool tried to slide up on my scene and smooth my lady! Sucka fool.
              lmfao
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by okiehuntnfish View Post
                I am going to be down in San Luis Pass the end of March. Are there any turkeys around on the mainland? Maybe close to Freeport? Public or pay either is fine. I will have a 10 yr old with me. I call em, he kills em.

I looked at public hunting areas and only found info on ducks.

Any help or info is appreciated.
                Seriously? lol
                Karma's a beach.

Comment

The closest public hunting land for turkeys is in East Texas requiring the Annual Public Hunting Permit (APH) $48 and looks like you might be a non-resident, you'll require the: Non-resident Spring Turkey (Type 118): $126. Available after February 1.
                  Valid to hunt turkey only during the open spring turkey season. Holders of this license are exempt from the upland game bird stamp endorsement requirements. (Unlawful to possess both this license and a valid Non-Resident General Hunting License.)
                  in addtion to the APH permit.

Eastern portion of the state only for the APH permit and Eastern Turkeys only; Rio Grande turkeys are by draw only for spring.

Comment

I guess the boy and I can stick with a fishin pole on our trip. I couldn't find anything about a youth jive turkey tag in the regs. Would I use a slate or diaphragm call?

Comment

Working...
                    X