in the earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in the earth

Any lads or lasses on board working terriers, earth dogs, having kept working dogs for 30 years i wouldnt be without a dog or two,,, working foxes is in the blood.. I keep russells and staff x patterdales..

I have a femal english pointer that is pretty much useless as a hunting dog but she's part of the family and we love her to death. My male pointer was just about the best upland bird dog I've ever had the privelidge to hunt over but unfortunately he developed cancer a couple years ago and we had to have him put down. My heart's just not been in it since then so I havent gotten another field dog.

You're going to have to post up some pictures from over there so we can all see what things look like!!
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Its hard to get over when you lose a good dog ,not easy getting another to live up to the old dogs standards, how do i get pictures up from my album on here..

Comment

here goes trying to get pics up
        Attached Files

Comment

The second pic is a car bonnet of a thornback ray caught on a strip of mackeral , this would be the same water as i gigged with no success . the last pic is a pilot 15ft boat.

Comment

Never seen that type ray in Galveston or TX coast?? Ya got it here?
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

No mate on the coast of ireland, it was like pulling in a wet king size mattress,, a thornback covered in barbs all over tail and back, not very pleasant stuck in your hand.

Comment

Nice to see Irish fish....pretty cool

Comment

Originally posted by walkinwader View Post
                  Nice to see Irish fish....pretty cool
                  You can catch them all day long mate, with a single hook pasternoster rig.

Comment

You have to respect those stingrays . Do you have stingray guards over there ? I doubt it . You might buy some online if you are slogging about at night gigging and step on its car bonnet . We might have have an interpreter if this keeps up. We don't want the guys whinging and sooking because they don't know what you mean . LOL ! Cute pups , pardner .
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

LOL, i forget myself sometimes we do the same things but talk a different way lol, when we catch a big flat fish we say it is the size of a car bonnet "hood",, Never seen stingray guards plugger but i will check it out, plenty of rays in our water caught with a rod and a good distance cast, My problem as you know plugger we cant seem to catch flounders in the shallow waters of the beach. The pups are from a good line of terriers, killing rats at 6 months old and working foxes 18 months on very game.

Comment

I call rays "hydro-frisbee", or whatever swear word immediately comes to mind.

x2 on some ray guards.

Good luck with the gigging. I've never been, so I have no advice. All of my "doormats" have been caught with rod and reel.
                        What Would Hans Wagemueller Do?

Comment

You should start the gigging wadinmoron great craic trying to find them lol especially when the "doormats are out there somewhere.

Comment

Ya, I would really like to try it. Right now I am in school and have a 3 year old girl and a 7 month old boy. Time is not on my side at the moment. However, today is my birthday. We are headed down to my parents bay house in Jamaica Beach and have a guided trip set up for tomorrow morning. Should be a great weekend with some friends, my wife, and a break from the kiddos. Thank God for grandparents!
                            What Would Hans Wagemueller Do?

Comment

HAR! We call big flounder doormats and saddle blankets . Next time I'll call a big one a car bonnet and wait for the strange looks . And yes , folk have some fine bay boats .
                              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                              X