Two Good Turkeys Killed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Good Turkeys Killed...

Spring turkey season is one of my favorites. Took my youngest son Jackson out with me for the first time. Set up a decoy and within maybe ten minutes (7:15ish) had a group of seven toms checking her out. They all approached and started strutting. Jack got on the gun but for some reason could not see the birds...problem with his glasses I guess. He told me to shoot so I dropped the closest one. The birds scattered and then an odd thing happened that I have never seen before in MANY years hunting these birds. The alpha tom came running back to the dead bird and jumped on him spurring the crap out of him. I looked at Jack and he said bust him! So as he jumped I fired and hit him low casuing him to run a bit. We walked up and he got up to move again...I told jack to take the gun and walk up on him...which he did and hammered him. Granted Jack was nearly on top of him BUT in his mind he killed that bird that is all that counts in my book! He was pumped...even though he was a tad unsure about holding the head as you see in the pic LOL! The second bird was freaking huge...fun stuff...

Attached Files
    sigpic

Great work! Nothing better than turkey hunting with your boy. Congratulations.
    "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Nice!!
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Dad and son......and turkeys! Can't beat that! Way to go!
        Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
        "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Way to go!

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Sweet!!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
            I have an uncontrolable desire to wanna jerk my rod.

Comment

Nice job. That decoy doesn't look very real, but hey if it works......
              NICE pics.

Comment

Awesome!!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
                KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Great report and pics. Nothing like family time. WTG. Lord Bless.
                  robert
                  And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

WTG!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's what he gets for kicking a guy when he's down . Nice outing .
                      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                      X