Dove Lease Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dove Lease Recommendations?

Hey guys, I usually hunt dove on Briscoe farms in Santa Fe but some company bought up most of the lease permits so they're sold out. They have another 600 acre lease but I haven't checked it out yet. Can any of yall recommend a lease?

I been looking for one around the same area too. Not having any luck..
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I talked to the folks at Briscoe and they another 600 acre lease in Manvel, I'll get the number and send it to ya, I haven't checked out the area yet though.

Comment

Me and lurefisher will buy a spot if yall find one
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

I talked to the farm manager and he's going to take me on a tour of the 600 acre lease this Thursday. They will sell 25 permits at $325 and it comes with a guess pass. You can also pay an extra $50 and get a second guest pass, that price includes both seasons. Their contact info: Briscoe Farms 281-331-4418

I'll post my thoughts of the lease when I get home Thursday

Comment

I also saw a few leases on craigslist. One near Katy is in the Central zone and they do day hunts for $75, so you can do the 2 early weekends.

Comment

I found another lease in Liverpool. He's doing a showing this evening @ 6pm meeting at the Wee Mart in Liverpool, I'll be there. Here's the add from 2cool fishing:

The general area of the lease is between Alvin, Sante Fe and Liverpool, which is the South Zone for Dove.

There are 2 different tracts of land you will have access to, which total 3,900 acres.

Guests/Immediate family are also allowed, except for opening weekend.

Lease privileges include the early AND late season, plus access 2 weeks prior to season opening for scouting.

Tract 1 is 3,100 acres
              Tract 1 has milo, soybeans and corn planted on it this year, along with treelines and canals running through property. There will be 2 entrances to the property. ATV/UTV will be needed to access most of the property, although some like to walk as well.

Tract 2 is 800 acres
              Tract 2 is just fallow fields this year, which is why we are throwing it in with Tract 1. Tract 2 has a gravel road running through it to allow for easy access, any access after that is by foot or ATV/UTV.

Price for lease is $325

Feel free to call or email with any questions or to set up a time to look at the property, please leave a voicemail if I dont answer.

Season dove leases will NOT be day hunted, they are reserved for members and their guests only.

I will post showings on this thread. If you cant make them feel free to call and we can set up one to meet your needs!

Thanks
              Dennis White
              (979)864-6942
              dww_20@yahoo.com

Comment

Hey guys just FYI we checked out the lease I posted about. It was pretty nice but it's 95% only accessible by ATV. We ended up getting back on the lease we were on last year. We were told that a corporate owner had bought up all the remaining permits but it turns out that he reserved them and not everyone has paid. You can try them at 281 331 4418. They are briscoe farms

Comment

Thanks bro
                  Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

dang, that's some high dollar hunting for some doves.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                      dang, that's some high dollar hunting for some doves.
                      pesos
                      KEEP IT WET..

Comment

All the milo, soybean and corn will be gone come opening day. Did that last year.

Comment

IMO for me there's no reason to get a dove lease south of I-10... Teal Season opens around if not the same weekend as Dove for south zone... They'll be gone quick.
                          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                            IMO for me there's no reason to get a dove lease south of I-10... Teal Season opens around if not the same weekend as Dove for south zone... They'll be gone quick.
                            The dove or the teal?
                            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I kill dove all season long in the south zone. Teal starts first by a week. 2nd weekend of teal, I'm killing both on the same hunt.

Comment

Working...
                              X