New

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New

I am new to the forum, and also new to owning a boat! We have always bank fished, but we finally got our first boat, a 85' Mckee Craft 17.5ft... I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on places to put in that are good for a beginner. We will not have our gps until mid february, so we need ideas on easy places to navigate. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! We are hoping to take the boat out this weekend if the weather turns out to be okay.

Welcome. Stay in the between the buoy's. Best advice is to get a map and look at google earth as well. You will bump around the waters until you learn your way. We all had to go through it.

Good luck out there.
    KEEP IT WET..

Comment

I live in Manvel. So, I am open to ideas in the Galveston area or Freeport, they are about the same difference from us..

Comment

Welcome aboard!
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Wekcome , go to chocolate !
          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Chocolate was what came to mind first... Then I started reading all of the reports of how easy it is to run aground or break a prop there! Makes me a little nervous since we do not have the GPS yet.. Is it hard to find your way around chocolate..? Obviously we will be putting along wherever we go because we do not know our way around anywhere, YET!

Comment

I agree with Lurefisher. Go to Lutes and use their launch if you're uncomfortable with launching at a public ramp. Ease up and down the bayou, respecting and slowing down for anglers. Should be a shorter driving time also getting on the water. jmo.

Comment

Get a good hotspot map and study Google maps and you can find your way around. Just take your time and be cautious and respectful of others and you will be OK.
                Welcome aboard!
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

By the way, welcome to the site. Someone here will help you.

Comment

Originally posted by h.maier View Post
                    by the way, welcome to the site. Someone here will help you.
                    x2.........nfic=nfic
                    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Welcome!
                      West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Howdy and welcome!
                        Resident Ninja

Comment

Thanks for all of the welcomes and fast replies. I think we might just try Chocolate on Sunday.

Comment

Welcome !great site great people !
                            Free advice for cold beer !

Comment

welcome!!!!!!
                              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X