Another drowning in Galvo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another drowning in Galvo?

Just heard that cops, fire trucks, and life guard are lined up from 43 to 47th street and doing a human chain in the water at 47th looking for a possible drowning victim. That would make 3 in the last 2 weeks I believe....and on a day like today!
    Hopeful for a live recovery, but I don't think it's looking good!
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Man that's horrible that so many so close

Comment

I got texts from Explorer21 he saw the emergency vehicles. No report that I have yet other than just a response to a call...
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

BTW the drowning near the dike last week was ruled a suicide.

Comment

Gosh hope it's not a drowning victim.
          Resident Ninja

Comment

Yep, I was leaving Academy and saw jet skis in the water, EMS, fire and GFD. I hope it turns out OK, but got a bad feeling!
            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

you can see them looking on the cam's

Live, interactive coastal cameras and other state of the art technology to help you make the best decisions before your trip on the water.

Comment

I drove past there only a couple of hours ago and remember thinking it looked like the beach-goers finally got some calmer, safer waters. Weird to imagine someone drowning there after that.
                You never know what the tide might bring

Comment

Just heard they are looking for a missing swimmer (missing since 1PM CST)

Comment

Doesn't sounds good... :-(

Comment

Just confirmed, it was a 21 year old. Out to far and did not know how to swim. Prayers sent to his family!
                      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Here it is on ABC news

Comment

GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- A search is underway for a missing swimmer believed to have drowned on Galveston's beach.

Related Content

More: Got a story idea? Let us know!
                          According to the Galveston Beach Patrol, around 1:15pm, a group of young people -- three women and one man -- from the Houston area were out in the water off the seawall near 45th Street. The life guard thought the swimmers were a little far out, although they were still within the legal swimming limits.

The life guard had entered the water to warn the swimmers when they began to struggle and yelled for help. A bystander witnessed the scene and was able to rescue two victims while the life guard saved one. The witness says the 21-year-old male victim was spotted face down, though no one actually saw him go under.

The Coast Guard assisted with the rescue effort with a boat and helicopter.

The beach patrol says they are now conducting the situation as a drowning victim recovery effort.

(Copyright ©2011 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

Comment

Humm, Donna just called me saying it was a 21 year old. How the heck did she know so fast?
                            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

It's in the report... 21 year old man was reported face down in the water other 3 (all female) were rescued 2 of which by a by stander & 1 was rescued by the lifeguard. You'd think the lifeguard would have taken the 2 & the by stander would have just got one...

Comment

Working...
                              X