%&*@ Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• %&*@ Motor

I Hight Tech Marine still in business? My Yamaha 150 TRP has decided not to run well. We put in new fuel lines from the tank to the motor. Pulled the pick up and checked it out. Still no RPMs over 3800 and then it begins to bog down to idle again. It has fresh Sea Isle gas.

I hate to say it but check compression.
    Beandaddy

Comment

I used HTM and was satisfied. Good luck.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
      Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

HTM is no longer a sponsor here. I am not sure what the deal was but I do know for a fact that one of our members did not have a good dealing with them.

There is a good mobile mechanic down in Sea Isle that will come to your house. He is a little more pricey but your paying for convenience. I have used him (blanking on his name) but everything he did for us worked great.
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Sound like you have a bad fuel pump diaphragm on one of the pick up pumps. They are located on the port side of the engine and are 2 diamond shaped silver boxes with fuel lines going to them from the fuel fillter on the rear of the motor. If there is not a issue with the diaphrams, then more than likely you VST Filter is sheened from Ethanol. More than likely it is a diaphram from what you are describing.
          Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
          (AKA Evans Marine Services)
          4340 19th St.
          Bacliff, Texas 77518
          http://evansmarine.net
          http://boatwerxtx.com
          main@boatwerxtx.com
          281-559-BOAT (2628)

Comment

Are you thinking of DMS marine there in Sea Isle? This is a carbarated engine, so I don't think it has the VST. Are the fuel pumps replaceable with normal tools and beer? That seemed to be where we were heade next.

Comment

I am with Evans Marine in Bacliff, by Kemah. Now that I know it's not Fuel Injected it has to be in the Fuel Pumps. This is that you have good compression and timing base is set correctly. The diaphragms are easy to replace. You remove the 2 10mm bolts of each and the 2 hoses on each, put on a bench and remove the 3 Phillips head screws, break them down and you will more than likely see that one of the diaphragm have a tear probably at the edge of the diaphragm and the out side mating surface of the pump housing. New kits run about 40.00 each and I recommend replacing both of them if one is bad. replace all the gaskets that come in the kit!
              Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
              (AKA Evans Marine Services)
              4340 19th St.
              Bacliff, Texas 77518
              http://evansmarine.net
              http://boatwerxtx.com
              main@boatwerxtx.com
              281-559-BOAT (2628)

Comment

Let me make it clear, High Tech Marine was a Month-to-Month sponsor. They just elected to not renew their sponsorship so we removed their banner per there instructions. Nothing more.
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Hey Dim, do we get to kep the BBQ trailer forever? I wil be in Sea Isle from Wednesday to Sunday...let's wet a line. I should have the mayek down there.

Comment

Dear TMO; I have been really tied up here. I will try and get the pit tomorrow before you leave. Let's meet at the Sand Bar Saturday afternoon, that's when we usually boat over there. I should be in Terramar by 6:30 on Friday. I'll call you. Maybe I will have the boat going this wekend or you could just tow me around.

Comment

Dim, I know much more knowledgable people have chimed in, but I had almost this exact symptom on a Merc 60 a few years ago. Believe it or not, it was my battery! It had enough charge to start my engine, but for some reason that was one of the "safety features" on the motor. It wouldn't run past about 3000 rpm if the battery was low. I had gregr1971 on here go through the whole thing, and he found nothing wrong. I put it back in the water and same problem. He asked how old my battery was. Well, it was over 3 years old, but didn't seem to be acting elderly. He just told me to change it out as he was sure that's what the problem was. Sounded funny to me, but I figured it couldn't hurt to try. Went to Wally World and got a new battery, put the boat in at Bastop Bayou and whammo, ran like a champ. Greg knows his stuff.
                      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Working...
                      X