No announcement yet.

What's your plans for the long weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your plans for the long weekend?

We ain't do much after a lengthly experience with traffic last year, we are gonna stay close to the haus. Work on the jeep, boat, BBQ, and enjoy some cold beer and cigars. Might just maybe run over to the lake and drop off the project boat for trial run.

Ya'll have fun and stay safe.

Generally take cover and hide from the horde. However, for some reason people like to schedule bbq's and beach days, even though we can do them any other time.

Will watch the city's fireworks. Either from the top of our condo building, or maybe from a yak with a cooler full of beer, floating in the surf as close to the pyrotechnics groin as I feel safe.

Comment

BBQ! Family reunion
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

The 4th of July party of the year at a friends house a block off the seawall. Fireworks viewing from the second story flat roof. Tenderloin & grilled shrimp..........mmmmmmmm!
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Family coming down, wife wont tell me what is planned for the weekend yet. May try to take the boat out Monday early, will be wading the other days for a few hours. Be safe everyone.
          Today is a new day!!

Comment

staying home,unless the surf goes flat.
            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Working Friday, but soon as I get off we are beach bound in the pop up to areas West of SLP. Lights, generator, yaks, surfboards are loaded...might use em...might not. If too rough..I surf. If calm...I fish! I don't even care if theres a crowd...I will sit in the sun, and check out all the peeps and barbque till I can't take it..then I'll go inside and enjoy the AC! This will only be the second time in the camper so I'm kinda excited about it...the other was Memorial weekend...boy can I pick em! LOL
              Don't be a Nancy!
              If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

I'm hooking up with MJH and hitting the surf Sunday or Monday. I'll walk up to the seawall with my family to see the fireworks. Other than that i"ll be hanging around the house.
                "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Headed to DFW this am.......You guys can have the water this weekend! Good luck!
                  sigpic
                  Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I'll be on the Island with my GF
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                      I'll be on the Island with my GF

GF...gay friend?

Oh yeah...off till Friday next week...fishing Tuesday -Thursday...might get in 2 days offshore Wed and Thursday!
                      Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Ill be hanging at the house or in marinating my tail off in offatts on the sandbar during the warmer hours over the next couple of days. Got family and friends comin down to partake in the festivities. Cant wait to see what all is gettin grilled up. I heard some noise about 35lbs of jumbo shrimp kabobs, boiled and grilled so I hope that was more than just noise. During the early hours ill be fishin im sure
                        Andros Tarpon 26

Comment

Fishing.

I will be tucked away in a marsh in the middle of nowhere far away from all the crowds and tourists. Hopefully with some reds attached to the end of my fly line if all goes well.

Comment

Originally posted by jpchavez23 View Post
                            Fishing.

I will be tucked away in a marsh in the middle of nowhere far away from all the crowds and tourists. Hopefully with some reds attached to the end of my fly line if all goes well.
                            It should, by the looks of the forecast...1-2 ft seas, light winds...believe I'll pack mine as well and try it in the surf! Shrimp pattern or spoon? Whats you throwin?
                            Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Be in the motor home at beach access 38 until Sunday, BBQ, Frisbee, Wade Fishing, Looking at my Hot Wife in her Bathing Suit! Oh forgot the lot's of beer part.
                              Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
                              (AKA Evans Marine Services)
                              4340 19th St.
                              Bacliff, Texas 77518
                              http://evansmarine.net
                              http://boatwerxtx.com
                              main@boatwerxtx.com
                              281-559-BOAT (2628)

Comment

Working...
                              X